Video Games

he/him

I'm actually a little shook at the remasters being a critical (78 on metacritic is amazing for 25+ year old games that have been labelled "clunky" and "outdated" for decades) and commercial success. The demand for Classic-style Tomb Raider is THERE.

Nicobass' TR2 remake should be the blueprint for the next mainline game, vast non-linear exploration without countless hallways you're being made to walk through so the game spoon feeds you dialogue with LAU-style platforming.

I really do not want another Uncharted clone/shooting game.

Yeah, there’s an actual archaeologist named Jean-Yves who accused Eidos of basing the character on him. Eidos apologised and removed him from Chronicles and reworked AOD’s plot too. Jean-Yves was meant to be murdered, not Von Croy.

jeanyves.jpg

He’s still in the beta Chronicles FMVs although they didn’t record his dialogue yet. This video uses the final audio.

i had no idea about the AOD stuff. Honestly it worked for the best as Von Croy dying had more weight to it.

he/him
I remember reading somewhere that the real life Jean Yves said he would be okay with them using his likeness in another game if they asked for permission, so maybe they'll just ask? I don't know if that applies with re-releases though. Last Revelation and Chronicles remasters are all but guaranteed now, AOD is a little less likely but I think they'll just go ahead with it, with some polishing and QOL improvements (along with restoring some of the cut content) it could be a decent game. It's story, atmosphere and soundtrack are all fantastic.

Hopefully the LAU trilogy will also get released on current platforms too.

Regarding Pentiment; it IS longer than you'd expect from the visual style and price, a proper 20-25 hours. The small stakes really develop and make for some near impossible choices as the story develops

so i'm playing with the fan developed Tomb Raider and the Angel of Darkness "Definitive Edition" demo and....WHY IS THERE A TRANCE REMIX OF MYLENE FARMER'S LIBERTINE IN THE CLUB LMAO, was that in the original game?!?!??!?!

Finally getting a chance to play today after just dipping in the last couple of weeks but the remasters really are great. The level design of these games just can’t be beat. TR1 and 2 especially. The isolation, the score, the intricacy of it all.

They definitely need to patch in some instructions for modern controls, and that camera needs sorted but they’re minor issues given the wealth of work that was done here.

Almost finished Peru.

he / him
Once I dropped the dead zone to 0, learned holding Y makes you walk and that you can run in a quick circle for a run up... I've not looked back at tank controls.

I only hate how hard it is to do backflips, side flips, etc with modern controls.

I only hate how hard it is to do backflips, side flips, etc with modern controls.
This is the only issue I’m having. I’m taking a lot of unnecessary damage in combat that’s completely avoidable in tank control mode because of how difficult it is to jump side to side with modern controls.

I never played the original games, only the Legends trilogy, and the Survivor trilogy. And mama...this remastered collection is hard nn. Kinda to the point where I don't wanna play because it's so difficult!

I'd say Tomb Raider one is relatively easy on its difficulty curve, the jump up with 2 is brutal but smooths out.

3 is just bullshit. A 4 remaster is going to be even harder with its backtracking between levels

Thinking of trying to play a video game again. I had Grandia 2, Trails From Zero, and Kingdom Hearts 2 all going at the same time, so not sure which one it will be.

I can’t muster even a little bit of enthusiasm for Persona 3 Reloaded despite loving the original game. It just seems so lazy for the asking price.

Last edited:
I'd say Tomb Raider one is relatively easy on its difficulty curve, the jump up with 2 is brutal but smooths out.

3 is just bullshit. A 4 remaster is going to be even harder with its backtracking between levels
I actually find 3 quite easy going once you know what’s going on. I feel like going Nevada > South Pacific > London levels out the difficulty to a good pace.
4 suffers from a lot of backtracking but at least it’s pretty.
Tr2 is hard but only because of the sheer amount of enemies it chucks at you. The platforming is so fun.

he/him/basic cishomo
For people into stuff like Heavy Rain/Until Dawn, 'As Dusk Falls' is hitting Game Pass tomorrow. Reviewing well and looks pretty gripping
Hi this is the only post in the forum that has mentioned As Dusk Falls, which I just finished in one sitting with my mom. W I G. That is an innovative, incredibly absorbing game that touches on my bumpkin point-and-click Myst loving sensibilities!

The usage of the stop-motionesque cast in conjunction with the rendered graphics was a brilliant decision for immersion/pulling on my empathy heartstrings, but still making it feel like a modern game.

I absolutely fucking loved it. Me masterfully using real life wisdom to make Vince and Jay good, compassionate people who stand up for what's right:
tenor.gif

Yasssss sweet sweet empathy response serotonin.

Play today!

I need to check to see if more chapters are already available, it ended on 3 for me right as the car was flying in the air feet from a MOVING TRAIN dddd drama!!!! so......

Also I was POSITIVE Joyce was Kehlani dddddd.