Video Games

So I had NO idea the last level in TR1 started with you immediately fighting the huge mutant. I got a spook, accidentally backflipped off the ledge and unlocked the Shelley's Encore achievement nn.
Still, managed to finish the game, with all secrets and missing only 1 pickup. First time ever finishing the game so feeling quite proud of myself. Not sure if I want to go straight to 2 or do Unfinished Business now.

So I had NO idea the last level in TR1 started with you immediately fighting the huge mutant. I got a spook, accidentally backflipped off the ledge and unlocked the Shelley's Encore achievement nn.
Still, managed to finish the game, with all secrets and missing only 1 pickup. First time ever finishing the game so feeling quite proud of myself. Not sure if I want to go straight to 2 or do Unfinished Business now.

Apparently that last pickup is embedded in a wall in Atlantis somewhere so until they patch it, you can't get them all.

Apparently this launched two weeks in a (patched?) format on Epic Games Store with better key visibility, enhanced and fixed textures, more skyboxes, All Hallows working etc. Except no one uses Epic Games and only realised today.

So hopefully we’ll see a patch for other platforms soonish.

he / him
Apparently this launched two weeks in a (patched?) format on Epic Games Store with better key visibility, enhanced and fixed textures, more skyboxes, All Hallows working etc. Except no one uses Epic Games and only realised today.

So hopefully we’ll see a patch for other platforms soonish.

I saw that but it's just people showing off a ceiling not being there in TR1. What are the other improvements more specifically? Do you have a tweet showing them?

Trust this to show uo when I've already completed 1 and 2

I saw that but it's just people showing off a ceiling not being there in TR1. What are the other improvements more specifically? Do you have a tweet showing them?

Trust this to show uo when I've already completed 1 and 2
I’ve seen a longer summary but only photographic evidence of the new ceiling and a video of a number of different poses added to Photo Mode. As well as the bugged missing item in Atlantis being available:

All Hallows:

Eidos were SADISTIC for landing you in Unfinished Business with nothing but your pistols. I get that Atlantic came after Egypt in the original release but it was meant to come first and they could have thrown you a few medipacks at the start as there are some brutal fights in this area.

Here's a few things I noticed in the Epic Games version for anyone thats interested:

- The cistern key is now visable.
- The ceilings of St. Francis Folly are much nicer and fancier with cracks in to let light through.
- the grates in the fire room in Midas now have a light source coming through them.
- The water texture in Bartolis hideout where you get the Uzis is fixed, as well as the ladder textures not being stretched.
- the graphical glitch of a flashing texture in the pillar room in Midas is now fixed.
-Several new skylights have been added to multiple areas that used to be too dark to see in.
- The window to the right of the entrance of crift manor in TR2 no longer shows the skybox when you get a certain distance away.
- The painting in the water near the end of The Coliseum is now fixed and isnt there anymore.
Oh and the invisible statue in City of Khamoon in TR1 is no longer invisible.

Eidos were SADISTIC for landing you in Unfinished Business with nothing but your pistols. I get that Atlantic came after Egypt in the original release but it was meant to come first and they could have thrown you a few medipacks at the start as there are some brutal fights in this area.
There’s like a small medkit right at the front when you start the level behind a wall and then another two as you drop down, I didn’t find it particularly tough but yeah the levels in general are quite challenging, they’re among the best imo
And then you get the shotgun like immediately for quick dispatches if you can land the shots

Weirdly enough in the original version of UB, you start with the Egypt levels first and then do the Atlantis ones. It was later said they were meant to be flipped so that's what they went with in the remaster, but it was not as brutal originally.

There’s like a small medkit right at the front when you start the level behind a wall and then another two as you drop down, I didn’t find it particularly tough but yeah the levels in general are quite challenging, they’re among the best imo
And then you get the shotgun like immediately for quick dispatches if you can land the shots
I followed a guide so managed to find most of the pick ups. But I was so annoyed at the end of The Hive when you have a nice collection of ammo and meds kits only to lose them all again for Egypt nn.

I bought Midnight Suns while waiting for Rebirth, and it's a lot of fun. I'm not the biggest fan of "social dating"-elements but this one is so quick paced and streamlined that it's actually all enjoyable.

Now make one exclusively with X-Men. The Abbey is essentially Xavier's School anyway.

I love Midnight Suns. I still need to get through the whole story. But the gameplay is pretty fun. I think my biggest issue might be the cast they chose. There's some really weak choices. Like I never use Ghost Rider. Tempted to buy the DLC characters just because I want to play as Storm.

Alright, got tomb raider 2 cleared, though I gotta say after the Tibet section the return to China just felt bloated and obnoxious, with the only highlights for me being the traps and somersault required ladder jumps (which is actually challenging to execute and how tf was anyone supposed to figure out that was a thing back then???)

The victory lap level at the end was funny though. Starting tomb raider 3 tonight.

Alright, got tomb raider 2 cleared, though I gotta say after the Tibet section the return to China just felt bloated and obnoxious, with the only highlights for me being the traps and somersault required ladder jumps (which is actually challenging to execute and how tf was anyone supposed to figure out that was a thing back then???)

The victory lap level at the end was funny though. Starting tomb raider 3 tonight.

All the in-game tutorials we are used to these days were cramped into the game manual back then.

This looks good in that Scarlet Nexus sort of way. I wish it looked a little smoother around the edges, but I guess that’s the price developers pay for still downscaling games for PS4/Switch.

Yeah, this definitely looks like a somewhat more budget limited Scarlet Nexus. I would buy it on sale.

Aw I loved going back to China, especially being in that other worldly dimension caused by the dagger.