Video Games

A no-expenses-spared Collector's Edition from Limited Run Games that I absolutely cannot afford but fucking look at those little figurines though.

TombRaider_MockUp_Market_Banner_CE_Square.png

And a more sensibly priced Deluxe Edition, soon available at your local retailer.

b0cdcc6885e99024d58586c2deec2e35be2fd86d.webp

It's going to be so tough to not buy most of this haha I'll definitely go for a physical PS5 copy and might splash out on one of the figurines, depending on how much they end up being.

I want that Collector’s Edition sooooo bad, but I can’t justify it cause I have a Steam Deck and no way to play a physical version of the game nn.

When will EA finally give us a reboot or remake of SSX (3/Tricky) and Burnout (3/Revenge).

I'd just take a remaster of SSX (2012) because that game was basically perfect, honestly one of my favourite gameplay experiences ever and I'd love to be able to play it on modern platforms. If they do do a reboot you know it's going to be a games-as-a-service microtransaction-ridden mess anyway so I can't say I find the prospect appealing.

I'd just take a remaster of SSX (2012) because that game was basically perfect, honestly one of my favourite gameplay experiences ever and I'd love to be able to play it on modern platforms. If they do do a reboot you know it's going to be a games-as-a-service microtransaction-ridden mess anyway so I can't say I find the prospect appealing.
Though I still loved it, I thought SSX (2012) lacked the silliness that really helped elevate Tricky, and to a lesser extent 3. The same went for Burnout; Paradise really started to rip away at what set it apart as a franchise originally.

My thoughts exactly. I can't remember if it was the same for SSX Tricky but in SSX3 the way they used the excellent music was so clever. If you crashed the music would drop out to just a bass (or similar) and if you were smashing it the full song would play with every variation in between.

Though I still loved it, I thought SSX (2012) lacked the silliness that really helped elevate Tricky, and to a lesser extent 3. The same went for Burnout; Paradise really started to rip away at what set it apart as a franchise originally.

I get that, I do think a dash of the classic SSX wackiness was still there, but the whole thing just felt more streamlined and gameplay-first, which worked well, especially considering the gameplay itself was absolutely excellent. Tricky is obviously a certified classic, but to me 2012 was definitely the best game in the series (and my favourite sports game ever, though I can't say I've played many).

Very happy that Hellblade 2 has lived up for me. The 3D audio and genuinely jaw dropping visuals feel like a real next gen moment. I don't want it to end. I can certainly see how it's simpler gameplay might divide and obviously it is short like the first (Ninja Theory are only a quarter of the size of the likes of Naughty Dog to be fair) but it has gripped me

Oh as an aside it runs extremely well even on the Steam Deck and Series S which gives me high hopes for what developers will be able to squeeze out of the Switch 2. Nice to see Unreal 5 finally flex its muscles

Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop, but reading that Helldivers 2 is somehow the fastest selling Playstation game ever (by far) is very... huh?? Like you have all these fantastic, high quality AAA IPs and this random beyond generic looking shooter outperforms them all?

Maybe I'm a bit out of the loop, but reading that Helldivers 2 is somehow the fastest selling Playstation game ever (by far) is very... huh?? Like you have all these fantastic, high quality AAA IPs and this random beyond generic looking shooter outperforms them all?
Simultaneous PC launch plus it sold a lot on PC versus console. And word of mouth is extra helpful in a multiplayer game