Video Games

Honestly if any of the combat in Alan Wake gives you trouble just drop it to easy mode. I wouldn't say the horror vibes are designed in that Resident Evil way vs just playing with the tropes and ideas
I played almost all of it on easy and don’t regret it one bit. For me it was just not really a game about challenge, so much as just enjoying the journey. (And you do still encounter some challenge anyway by way of wayfinding and puzzles.)

I'm sorry for the double posting but no you don't understand I'm obsessed. Like, this is why I play video games. This is why I love horror omg.

CybuEaUVIAAF_HV.jpg

SHOW ME THE CHAMPION OF LIIIIIIIIIIGHT

CybuEaUVIAAF_HV.jpg

I'LL SHOW YOU HERALD OF DAAAAAARKNEEEEEEESSS

I'm still obsessed with it, honestly, and will be for the rest of eternity.

I don’t know girls… the game looks technically competent, and I already know I’ll be buying it, but the prospect for endless drags and comparison it will draw to Baldur’s Gate 3 is already tiring me out nn.

I don’t know girls… the game looks technically competent, and I already know I’ll be buying it, but the prospect for endless drags and comparison it will draw to Baldur’s Gate 3 is already tiring me out nn.

It looks divine to me so I'll be living no matter what.
If the worst people have to say about it is that it reminds them of Baldur's Gate 3 then we are in for a fun ride. Dragon Age/Baldur's Gate/Divinity Original Sin are all so brilliant that I always welcome something new in that sphere.

he/him
Yeah, but last I checked Dragon Age is and will never be turn-based strategy combat and you'll never see a dice rolled on the screen. I'm sorry, but Bioware pioneered detailed dialogue options, with answers tied to class-choices and flirtation/romance development dependent-upon answers. So, if anything people should be comparing it the other way around in that department. If all they have going for comparisons it is the style of the fantasy world it is set in, then that's weak.

I'm sorry, but Bioware pioneered detailed dialogue options, with answers tied to class-choices and flirtation/romance development dependent-upon answers. So, if anything people should be comparing it the other way around in that department. If all they have going for comparisons it is the style of the fantasy world it is set in, then that's weak.

This is all true, the problem is with the series being MIA for literally an entire decade, there's a ton of people who simply aren't familiar with Dragon Age and are just going to compare the new game to the most recent party-based Fantasy RPG hit. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Baldur's Gate 3 fans were literally too young to have played Inquisition back in 2014 ff

Oh absolutely, but at the end of the day it's EA's fault for messing things up the way we did. We could literally be on DA6 by now.
True. It's madness we took this long to get here. And for so many people to never get the chance to experience the majesty of Dorian and Cassandra.
Although I feel like this game might have Dorian if it is (at least partially) set in Tevintar?