Video Games

Fuck. Awful to hear of Satoru Iwata's passing. Deepest sympathy and thoughts go out to his family, everyone at Nintendo and the even crazier fanboys.

Really, really fucking sad. Despite steering Nintendo in a direction some weren't happy with, he saved the company from financial ruin after the middling success of the N64 and Gamecube.

he/him
Shocked and saddened by the news. I only hope that he will be remembered for the huge successes of the Wii and DS systems, and for being the type of president who took a voluntary salary cut when the company began to struggle. I suppose the writing was on the wall, given his absence from E3 the past two years, but there's still something surreal about knowing such an important figure from my childhood has passed.

Yeah this has hit a bit hard for some reason. Poor man. Hope all his family and colleagues weren't as blindsided as the fans and had time to digest what happened.

RIP Iwata-San.

Anytime someone like this dies in the gaming industry it isn't just a blow for the industry itself, it's a blow for the whole of the entertainment industry.

So shocked to hear this news.

He has been involved in so many incredible Nintendo games, he is responsible for so many great gaming memories.

RIP Iwata-San.

he / him
Found out the news earlier, and I've just found the secret hidden message in Metroid Prime 3 from Iwata without even knowing about it. Such a strange coincidence. RIP Iwata, the gaming industry won't be the same without him, and I fear the day Miyamoto can no longer make games.

Found out the news earlier, and I've just found the secret hidden message from Iwata without even knowing about it. Such a strange coincidence. RIP Iwata, the gaming industry won't be the same without him, and I fear the day Miyamoto can no longer make games.

What secret message?