Video Games

I've started replaying KOTOR2 and I'm loving it. I tried to get the original to work on my PC but there's no chance of it which is a shame.

he / him
One episode left! I'm gonna miss it when it finishes. It's so good though, that ending.....

I think it's my favourite game of this year so far. Throughout each episode I've been so hooked, whilst not afraid to just hang back for a few moments and appreciate the soundtrack and artwork.

This episode has just left me INFURIATED with that cliffhanger. I'm so desperate for the final episode.

One episode left! I'm gonna miss it when it finishes. It's so good though, that ending.....
Ooooo I didn't know the new episode was finally out. Let me update a bit.

I've been job searching for the last two weeks (Read: Sending 80 applications to yield approximately 0 follow-ups), and I've started wallowing in my own self-pity by signing up for Final Fantasy XIV again. Praying to Britney to save my poor soul.

I've started replaying KOTOR2 and I'm loving it. I tried to get the original to work on my PC but there's no chance of it which is a shame.

Oh yeah, I just picked up the HD update for Mac they just did. I love the first so much but never finished the second as a kid so I'm super excited!

Yo, Journey though! I just finished it last night. Instantly in my top 5 games.
I was a Beta tester for Journey and got it the day it came out. That first play through touches you in a way no other game could ever hope to. It says something to you about life that you can't put into words but you feel it every time you think about that slow walk through the summit.

It's truly a masterpiece and a game everyone should play. I was delighted to see that PS4 players get it for free if they had the PS3 version. It's stunning on PS4. So is Fl0wer, the added particle effects and higher frame rate are sensational.

Edit: Square Enix are having a hairstyle competition, send in your designs for a new female and male hairstyle and the games engineers are going to take a vote on it through the Square forums then the winning hairstyles will be added into FFXIV in the next patch.

I was a Beta tester for Journey and got it the day it came out. That first play through touches you in a way no other game could ever hope to. It says something to you about life that you can't put into words but you feel it every time you think about that slow walk through the summit.

It's truly a masterpiece and a game everyone should play. I was delighted to see that PS4 players get it for free if they had the PS3 version. It's stunning on PS4. So is Fl0wer, the added particle effects and higher frame rate are sensational.

It's true. I had a friend the whole time on the way up, keeping each other warm and man, it was an incredible experience. I lost them on the final part as I wanted to explore but it's a harrowing experience and one I truly appreciate.

More Heavensward screenies.

2tYQlk6.jpg

l5RKbWr.jpg

r3pKe2V.jpg

PRpyCmU.jpg

5oXx2jq.jpg

UTQxPl0.jpg

fifPp1O.jpg

Will they remember to put the O in MMORPG this time?
Isn't FF12 a regular RPG like the majority of the Final Fantasy series?

I never got to try FF12 so I'm excited at the idea of a remake, even if it is just a HD Remastering. The idea of having the summons based on astrology has also intrigued me. Plus the gave the coolest one to Virgo, so I'm already happy.

Isn't FF12 a regular RPG like the majority of the Final Fantasy series?

I never got to try FF12 so I'm excited at the idea of a remake, even if it is just a HD Remastering. The idea of having the summons based on astrology has also intrigued me. Plus the gave the coolest one to Virgo, so I'm already happy.

It uses a real time combat system. Everyone has an "ATB" but they're able to move freely around the map and all the battles take place seamlessly. The problem many had with this system is that it uses a standard MMO "auto attack" format, with ability input being handled mostly by the player.

I'm partial to it solely because of the gambit system, which lets you program a fully functional AI for each of your party members. Assuming you use gambits correctly and build your characters accordingly, you can play through the entire main game without needing to input a single command.

Also XII has some of the best post game content in the entire series. An absolute joy for people obsessed with micromanagement.

I'll remain skeptical about the XII Remaster's existence until we get official confirmation. Arnie has messed up a few times at the Distant Worlds shows I've been to, getting games/titles mixed up, so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually meant the VII Remake.

I'd like it to be true, though. XII's battle system is one of my favourites, but I've never really cared much about the story or characters. Hopefully a remastered Zodiac version would be the incentive I'd need to power through!

Everything about Revenant Wings was far more engaging for me and I loved the new characters/expanded roles too, Filo and Kytes brought a lightness to the game that I found to be quite lacking in the original. I also thought it was quite nice that the relationship between Vaan and Penelo progressed over the course of the two games, although it worked to the detriment of XII because the relationship subplots of the games have always elevated them head and shoulders above other games.

Can they just make a full version of Revenant Wings in line with the original game's graphics for me, please.