Video Games

From the Distant Worlds facebook:
Dear friends,
In response to comments posted by fans, I want to rectify a statement made from the stage Saturday night at our Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY concert in Pittsburgh.
Following conversations with composer Hitoshi Sakimoto regarding new concert arrangements of music from FINAL FANTASY XII, regrettably, the term ‘remake’ was used in error during one of the announcements that took place from the stage during the concert.
We sincerely regret any confusion this has caused.
Arnie Roth
Producer and Music Director
Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY

Boooooo. (Totally called it though.)

He does specifically apologise for using the word "remake" though, so maybe they're just trying to throw us off the scent of an HD remaster.

First time I almost cried. Second time I cried enough for both times. Oh my god.

an3qGlN.jpg

Cw0eHx4.jpg

3PLh8zC.jpg

I've been planning on playing Journey for a long while but I heard that it was really at its best when it was being played by a lot of different players online. Is it possible to garner as much enjoyment from it even if I play offline or join this late?

First time I almost cried. Second time I cried enough for both times. Oh my god.

an3qGlN.jpg

Cw0eHx4.jpg

3PLh8zC.jpg

Yessssss, ugh. I was heartbroken! When she had her realization, I was like "Oh, girlllll......I'm sorry."

I've been planning on playing Journey for a long while but I heard that it was really at its best when it was being played by a lot of different players online. Is it possible to garner as much enjoyment from it even if I play offline or join this late?

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. With the recent PS4 release, there will be people on it for the first time and replaying. Heck, I'll be replaying in a day or so just cause.

SO I just got Life is Strange, excited to try it out. Heard it got real real this last episode.

You will be just as well off playing by yourself the first time. I played by myself and I'm kind of glad I did. The game is interesting in that it kind of relates a different message depending on if you go at it solo or are with another player. It's fascinating to experience it from both perspectives.

Why the fuck does online Mario Kart basically only ever give me Neo Bowser City, Ribbon Road and Cheese Land as options now? Literally every group I join I have to race at least two of the three, and I HATE them.

he / him
Journey is one of those games that changes the way you look at gaming, and I went into it despising online co-operative play but there's really something special about the loneliness of playing by yourself and then suddenly somebody pops up and you're immediately connected despite the barriers between you. Jonathan, if you can try and play online because I think that's a massive part of Journey's impact.

LIFE IS STRANGE too. Fucking hell, it's easily my favourite game of the year so far. The storytelling is just so effortless and captivating, the twists and turns harrowing and affecting, the art style is perfect and the SOUNDTRACK is just divine. Okay, it's so indie but my god I could lose myself for hours in the little sections where you wander about with the songs playing.

he / him
I freaking love Max. I think one of my favourite things about the game is all the little details too, like make sure to check Max's text messages and you'll see little characteristics about her that are just so subtle but interesting. ESPECIALLY in Episode 4 after the Ep 3 twist.

I freaking love Max. I think one of my favourite things about the game is all the little details too, like make sure to check Max's text messages and you'll see little characteristics about her that are just so subtle but interesting. ESPECIALLY in Episode 4 after the Ep 3 twist.
Just finished Episode 4. HOLY SHIT. Everything fucked me up so much. I knew that guy was doomed to be evil. And I'm so worried, I need Episode 5, I need the answers. I feel like there's too much that needs to be answered now.

he / him
Just finished Episode 4. HOLY SHIT. Everything fucked me up so much. I knew that guy was doomed to be evil. And I'm so worried, I need Episode 5, I need the answers. I feel like there's too much that needs to be answered now.

Isn't it just brilliant? I've read some AMAZING theories on it as well and
I think it REALLY speaks about how we look at our authority figures. I've seen some amazing theories on it and if you dig into the details, he has so many portraits of girls in submissive positions and his attitude towards females is positively menacing. Someone even noticed how in the first episode he's always directly facing and only referring to the female students! GOD It's such a good story.

That being said I wasn't a big fan of the puzzles and I'm literally frothing at the mouth for the final episode. I REALLY think Alyssa being saved by you each time is gonna be a big part in the finale, and it's representing that time always corrects itself no matter how much Max interferes. In that sense, I think she'll have to go back and let Chloe die by Nathan's hands.

I'm not sure, but I'm so excited to see where it goes!

Isn't it just brilliant? I've read some AMAZING theories on it as well and
I think it REALLY speaks about how we look at our authority figures. I've seen some amazing theories on it and if you dig into the details, he has so many portraits of girls in submissive positions and his attitude towards females is positively menacing. Someone even noticed how in the first episode he's always directly facing and only referring to the female students! GOD It's such a good story.

That being said I wasn't a big fan of the puzzles and I'm literally frothing at the mouth for the final episode. I REALLY think Alyssa being saved by you each time is gonna be a big part in the finale, and it's representing that time always corrects itself no matter how much Max interferes. In that sense, I think she'll have to go back and let Chloe die by Nathan's hands.

I'm not sure, but I'm so excited to see where it goes!

Those are all really good points. I remember in the first episode he said something along the lines of actually kidnapping a student as a passing joke, who would've thought that would be the case. I'm kinda scared that they won't answer all the questions I need answers to in Episode 5. Like why did Rachel actually die, and Kate didn't? Why is this happening in the first place? What are the Prescotts doing? Why is the Blackwell cleaner such a fucking creep. I need the answers right now.

I'm proud to say I actually solved all the puzzles myself, and was one of 23% to actually get into Nathan's phone because the code was his birthday (which is exactly a day after my own).

he / him
Those are all really good points. I remember in the first episode he said something along the lines of actually kidnapping a student as a passing joke, who would've thought that would be the case. I'm kinda scared that they won't answer all the questions I need answers to in Episode 5. Like why did Rachel actually die, and Kate didn't? Why is this happening in the first place? What are the Prescotts doing? Why is the Blackwell cleaner such a fucking creep. I need the answers right now.

I'm proud to say I actually solved all the puzzles myself, and was one of 23% to actually get into Nathan's phone because the code was his birthday (which is exactly a day after my own).

Yeah he spoke about wanting to capture innocence and beauty, and singled Max out as 'Having a gift'.
I swear I tried his birthday like four times damn it. That was the only puzzle I struggled on massively. Anyway I think that the devil is in the detail right now, and it's becoming even more obvious that Nathan is being pushed by his father into helping Jefferson accomplish what he does. ALTHOUGH in one of the pictures he appeared drugged with Rachel? I also think the spirit animals have yet to come into play, with Rachel potentially being the dear and Chloe's being the blue butterfly.

The Blackwell cleaner rubs me up the wrong way, but could just as easily be there to represent that creepy people might not be doing anything wrong whilst the real threats are hidden and subtle? I also feel hella guilty about ruining David's life when he seemed to be the only one trying to figure out what was going on around the school.

Urgh, now another few months wait until the end.

Yeah he spoke about wanting to capture innocence and beauty, and singled Max out as 'Having a gift'.
I swear I tried his birthday like four times damn it. That was the only puzzle I struggled on massively. Anyway I think that the devil is in the detail right now, and it's becoming even more obvious that Nathan is being pushed by his father into helping Jefferson accomplish what he does. ALTHOUGH in one of the pictures he appeared drugged with Rachel? I also think the spirit animals have yet to come into play, with Rachel potentially being the dear and Chloe's being the blue butterfly.

The Blackwell cleaner rubs me up the wrong way, but could just as easily be there to represent that creepy people might not be doing anything wrong whilst the real threats are hidden and subtle? I also feel hella guilty about ruining David's life when he seemed to be the only one trying to figure out what was going on around the school.

Urgh, now another few months wait until the end.
True about David, but he was being a bit too much. He should've just explained why he thought the way he did. The code was his birthday in US format so '0829'. And I'm starting to think you're right. I did think Nathan was just posing with Rachel though, rather than knocked out himself. And it bugged me how they sorta glossed over the whole Rachel thing. Like they found her body and then it just ended. But I guess that's cause they didn't get to confront Nathan.

And yes I was thinking the doe was either Rachel or William, and good call on the butterfly. I sorta hated Chloe, but this episode redeemed her so much that I'd be kinda devastated for her to stay dead. And plus I love Warren so much that I want him to be with Max, so Chloe out of the picture might let that happen. And you're onto something with Alyssa, the "this will have consequences" butterfly really freaks me out whenever I do help her.

I wonder how long Episode 5 has to be to give us everything we need. I really hope the end of the game isn't just 'Max went back in time to the beginning of the week and prevented this all', because the teaser images is giving me those vibes with the shot of Max in front of her Polaroid wall again.

he / him
Someone had a really great theory again that depending on your prior decisions, that exact polaroid wall is vandalised and it'd be interesting if she couldn't utilise them in the end due to that. But honestly, I hope that's not the final ending either.

I just don't want another Mass Effect 3 style ending where our choices meant nothing, or appeared to mean nothing. It doesn't look like it's building that way yet, and I can kind of see how everything fits together so I hope it all comes together in a major way.

I'm reading theories now thanks a lot and there are some really cool things I missed:
Firstly, I did not see Nathan had a selfie of Max in his room. Secondly people are saying they didn't see Nathan's jacket in the Dark Room because they didn't accuse him of having a gun in ep 1, blaming him for Kate's attempt in ep 2 etc. So now that jacket has so much significance. What does it mean if it's not there?