Vinyl Player Question | The Popjustice Forum

Vinyl Player Question

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by AceReject, Jan 22, 2012.

1. I recently bought a new vinyl player cause I've been collecting records from charity shops for ages without having anything to actually play them on! I got a red Crosley player from Urban Outfitters with built in speakers.

Now the thing that's confusing me is the vinyls that I put on play a *tiny* bit too quickly, speeding the whole song up and giving the singer a bit of a chipmunk voice. And it's definitely playing on the right speed cause switching between 78, 45 and 33 speeds makes a way bigger difference, It's just playing a tiny bit too fast.

Is this normal cause it's quite annoying, and I don't know if there's anything I can do about it or if I've got a faulty player. It's the second record player I've bought, the first one (a different model) didn't work either and kept skipping all the time so I'm not having much luck and it's making me want to give up on all this vinyl collecting. Any help would be amazing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.