Vinyljustice 2.0 | The Popjustice Forum

Vinyljustice 2.0

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by HeartSwells, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Temporary thread, maybe we can merge it at a later date but figured might as well focus on this one for now.

Vinyljustice Secret Santa 2020!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Diet Pop!, Jersey, Stuart and 10 others like this.
  2. If the original thread is dead... we were so close to reaching the top 20 Pop & Justice threads.

Has anyone been involved with pressing an album before (as in a standard run, not a one of a kind)? I’ve been really close to reaching out to Cecile Believe recently to see if I can press her recent mini album, but want to make sure from her how many she thinks might shift and if there were plans in the works. I’d be fine at the distribution and online store aspect, it’s more a case of making deals and connections with record stores/distributors I’d be unsure of.

I think doing a 250 run and splitting it up between US and rest of the world could work.

Push, Diet Pop!, Jacques and 2 others like this.
  3. What’s happened to the original thread? I noticed it’s only showing posts up to July 11th but I can’t figure out why.

4. I think it’s a problem with what happened to the database on Friday. Cloudflare, the sever that hosts the site, went down for the 25 mins and it corrupted the database for the site and that’s why it took so long for the site to come back up on Saturday.

supercut and P'NutButter like this.
  5. Bummed I missed out on that mint Lianne La Havas variant... if anybody spots it or has an extra, let me know!

aaronhansome likes this.
  6. *follows*
    [​IMG]

Overdose and Stopremix like this.
  7. They seem quite easy to find in the UK, if you’re desperate someone here might be able to help.

aaronhansome and xOJakeXo like this.
  8. I'm next level so legit with all my vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl vinyl

9. If you look at the site Tom Aspaul is using for his album, I saw that to press an album there you can have the preorder feature, but also order stock and it connects you with record stores in the UK and can act as a distributor!

10. I'm so peed off Bowie's 90's albums are so insanely expensive.

11. What the hell is this below a mini Crosley turntable on the Urban Outfitters site?! A72A4883-8083-4B51-AC1A-AA673645B3C9.jpeg

Rhombus and Butterfly like this.
  12. Basically everything receives that warning in California

13. I’ve been dying for a repress of Black Tie White Noise. I’m not sure why his 90s work is yet to have a major vinyl resurgence.

P'NutButter likes this.
  14. This twitter account launched a community.

Maybe someone here is interested in it

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  15. I managed to actually bag a Robyn vinyl, I'm crying. Juno really came through with this.

16. Good shout - it's www.qrates.com [FAO @HeartSwells ]

Involves setting up a minimum run (as few as 100), only goes ahead if that number of sales are achieved, they handle the pressing and sending out (I think). Otherwise you could get in touch with a broker who could take you through everything you need, or go straight to a plant.

Jacques likes this.
  17. I’m hoping we’ll be getting the next Bowie box set soon which should hopefully cover some of his 90s output. I need Outside so badly.

P'NutButter and Andrew.L like this.
  18. I saw Outside, one of my faves, selling for about 50 dollars when I lived in Canada last year but was so broke I couldn’t justify it.

What happened to those box sets they were releasing? They coincided with remastered vinyls, but they seem to have stopped in the 80s somewhere...

P'NutButter and AshtrayHeart like this.
  19. Apparently they took a year off away from the box sets to concentrate on those unnecessary demo 7” box sets and the debut album box set.
    There was hope for a new era box set this year but there’s no mention of it yet.

20. blaze_dave and Lapras like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.