Vinyljustice 2.0 | Page 1084 | The Popjustice Forum

Vinyljustice 2.0

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by HeartSwells, Jul 19, 2020.

1. I couldn’t help notice Ultimate Aaliyah didn’t turn up this weekend, it looks like it’s been delayed again to Sept 16th, is this the 3rd or 4th delay?

Also I’m trying to cancel my Renaissance Collectors Edition via Beyoncé’s store, it’s been a week and no response, has anyone had any issues cancelling through her store?

2. Mess, I ordered from Amazon UK months ago and it’s showing as arriving on Tuesday.. but is unavailable to buy now

3. Dd this is kind of gaggy, to be honest. I definitely trusted the whole "analog" label when it comes to releases before the 90s, but honestly just assumed anything after that was always going to be digitally sourced, so this doesn't bother me. The last paragraph sums it all up, really:

4. Mine too!

It sounds great.

aboutyounow likes this.
  5. Ladyhawke's new album is finally being released on vinyl over here at the end of the month! I've had the order on Rough Trade since last October!

6. It came out two days ago here.

2014 and P'NutButter like this.
  7. Ahhh. Maybe it's the limited pressing only then?

8. It’s so weird seeing my favorite record store owner in a WaPo article but he has been leading the charge of this scandal so it’s not surprising. He has several videos on his stores YouTube as well about the scandal.

9. Picked up a copy in HMV on Friday - it's an eco-mix coloured vinyl although the packaging and listings don't state that. I believe the indies exclusive tri-colour vinyl isn't out until the 26th.

10. Does anyone have any tips for cleaning dust off records? Last few albums I’ve bought have been brutal.

11. A regular anti-static vinyl brush can get off the bigger clumps (gently hold it over the record just enough so that the bristles are touching it, let the record spin about 3 times, and then very slowly pull the brush off in the direction of the outer grooves, you'll see dust and stuff come off).

But for a little bit of a better clean, a velvet brush is good. Same general concept but you put a few drops of cleaning fluid on one edge, let it go over the record a few times, then use the other edge to dry it.

A kit like this has both brushes, the cleaning fluid, and a stylus brush + cleaning fluid.

FINISH LINE and Mr Blonde like this.

12. So the Aaliyah UO "One In A Million" vinyl release is 1 coke bottle and 1 cream galaxy swirl vinyl. The way UO described it, it sounded like a mix of the two but this looks great.

IceflamePhoenix and FINISH LINE like this.
  13. Nn I’m on the same boat. It’s been a week since I’ve sent them an email about cancelling my order and still no response.

14. I’m still waiting for my limited edition Bey vinyl. I received the dispatch email a week ago and still the status on the UPS tracking page is “The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible”. Let’s not forget I payed over €30 for shipping.

15. I am also waiting for response. Just write them again a few times and if nothing happens contact your credit card provider and open a case. They’ll refund if you can prove that the other side did not react to your requests.

Hoping for you and us it doesn’t go that far but artist stores are really the absolute worst.

16. Is it the coloured one you're talking about? I still haven't received mine from UK amazon, it keeps on getting delayed, but I'm seeing it in stores here for a while now.

17. I really wish they'd given the exclusive to VMP, like the red album. They did an exceptional job on that pressing and One In A Million is in my top 5 albums of all time. I hate what they've done with the labels on this and although my original pressing wasn't gatefold, I wish they had, as the photoshoot for the era was so underutilised.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  18. Sometimes I even forget I have tons of orders unfulfilled with Background. The scam.

blaze_dave and j267 like this.
  19. [​IMG]

A Side
    A1 Róisín Murphy - Incapable (The Reflex Revision)
    A2 Daisybelle & Tasty Lopez - Starlight (Future Disco Ballroom Dub)
    A3 Roosevelt - See You Again (Lazywax Remix)

B Side

B1 Saison - Rocinante
    B2 Breakbot, Irfane & Yuksek - Taqa
    B3 PPJ - Primavera
    B4 Bondax - Don’t Want It (feat. Tara McDonald)

C Side
    C1 Boys Shorts - Suburban Love Affair (Brian Ring Remix)
    C2 Italoconnection - All Over (Future Disco Edit)
    C3 Elder Island - I Fold You (Kassian Remix)
    C4 Digitalism - Offline

D Side

D1 Clive From Accounts - You Understand
    D2 Storken - Think Happy Be Happy (Dorothys Fortress Remix)
    D3 Gilligan Moss - Ultraparadiso
    D4 Kosmo Kint & Kapote - Strangers

https://futuredisco.net/future-disc...BJ25Wvohr40KFN549ypO0BgM_JJ40Zv6yuLGzDDcC3YuA

20. I wonder if that Shakira Fijacion/Fixation compilation of both volumes will be getting a worldwide release or whether it was just licensed for Mexico? Not something I’m bothered enough to pay to import, as with the Vol 2 when it was a UO exclusive, but I’d definitely buy if it came to UK stores.

Txetxu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.