Vinyljustice 2.0 | Page 377 | The Popjustice Forum

Vinyljustice 2.0

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by HeartSwells, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Didnt this controversy already happen in the cardi thread like two months ago

Mr Blonde, Laurence, Jacques and 2 others like this.
  2. I feel like a stamp is somewhat accepted these days. That doesn’t even look anything like her signature and looks like it’s straight up printed as part of the sleeve design.

Jacques and lushLuck like this.
  3. From the looks of her scribbling, I think she's done you all a favour having it stamped.

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I haven't cared to order anything 'signed' in forever. If I get a celeb to reply or like a tweet these days that's more than enough for me.

TRAVVV likes this.
  5. Just avoid Gary Barlow...

6. My life motto

7. It might be the usual tactic, but Joanne is soldout on Urban.

8. I remember buying a signed Take That CD a few years ago and just getting a G, H and Mark scrawled on the front.

blaze_dave likes this.
  9. She said from day one (or more like after the first batch sold out) she was only signing a few herself and the rest would be autopen, so this is kind of whatever dd

10. You really only played yourself if you thought she was signing them... It was widely known,

lushLuck likes this.
  11. At least autopen feels like they made an effort to hide the fact the artist hadn't signed it, I actually prefer the shorthand initial signatures (like Gaga and Kendrick) because at least it shows that they might have done them all, they just were kinda lazy about it.

Having it printed as part of the jacket is just really low effort and I'm peeved.

12. I’d rather have an un”signed” cover than it being printed, it just ruins the artwork now!

13. It looks like it was pen and then they just coated it with some sort of finish?

HeartSwells likes this.
  14. You’d rather have an artist ‘like’ one of your tweets than own a vinyl signed by them?

Each to their own, I guess!

15. Huh, weird. I'll have to see what it looks like when it turns up but I just assume any signature that doesn't look like it was written with a marker was part of the jacket printing process. The pics on the other page look a bit like the "tip on" effect where it's sort of embossed and has a different shine to the rest of the jacket, like on Perfume Genius' No Shape. I'm guessing this effect is stamped on during the manufacturing process.

[​IMG]

16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

That's...why I posted it... but werk~.

17. I happened to go on an urgent grocery run to Target tonight, and they had the Janet Number Ones vinyl. It was right at the front of the store as well. I hesitated on pre-ordering because of the track list, but seeing it in person I knew I had to get it...

Until I rang it up and it said an associate was required. When she put in her code it said the item couldn't be sold until 1/22 (tomorrow). Turns out they had put it out a day early by mistake but the system won't let them sell it before the street date. It was the only one they had out, so hopefully they have more or someone doesn't snatch it up before I get back there.

Also, the back cover is the same as the original Number Ones CD back cover (the Design of a Decade photo), not the plain black sleeve shown in the mockups. I snapped a pic of the record for my friend, but I didn't think to take a picture of the back cover, obviously not knowing I wasn't going to be able to buy it tonight!

[​IMG]

18. Nice! Good luck with snapping it up tomorrow!

Angeleyes likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.