Vinyljustice 2.0 | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

Vinyljustice 2.0

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by HeartSwells, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Does Billboard only count one transaction (regardless of the amount of singles purchased in that order) = one single? Or does it count every single/variant in a transaction?

2. It actually did happen to me. I had a Gorillaz vinyl with no shrinkwrap, and warehouse stickers directly on the sleeve. I'm pretty sure it was someone else's return.

What's funnier is that it was actually a replacement after they posted the first one in a plastic bag that left one of the corners dented, and torn. I ended up messaging their customer service, and got a refund. They let me keep the dodgy "replacement" too.

It put me off Amazon vinyl for a while. Until they discounted En Vogue kii.

3. Whew the VMP Twitter intern is not ready for the pricing backlash dd

4. So, do I hit pay for this custom "Breathe In. Breathe Out" 'vinyl or....?
    [​IMG]

Side ONE
    SPARKS
    MY KIND
    ONE IN A MILLION
    CONFETTI
    BREATHE IN. BREATHE OUT.

Side TWO
    LIES
    ARMS AROUND A MEMORY
    STAY IN LOVE
    BRAVE HEART
    TATTOO

Side THREE
    PICTURE THIS
    NIGHT LIKE THIS (FEAT. KENDALL SCHMITT)
    VINYL EDITION TRACKS
    BELONG
    REBEL HEARTS

Side FOUR
    ALL ABOUT YOU
    CHASING THE SUN
    OUTLAW
    BONUS REMIX
    CHASING THE SUN (DAVE AUDE REMIX)

WhenTheSunGoesDown and j267 like this.
  5. I'm hoping Urban will come up with the goods one day, but for now, that looks exceptional!
    Also, is there anywhere that will do decent colour customs for me?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    blaze_dave likes this.
  6. Can’t wait to bop to ‘mirrorball’ under the Christmas tree with you all when the ‘folklore’ vinyl will finally arrive.
    [​IMG]

TRAVVV, Andrew.L, andru and 4 others like this.
  7. I love how Cardi's posted a video of her signing some sleeves... aka 3 of each variant in a mess on her table. You just know it's going to be an Autopen extravaganza.

8. I do wanna wait til intheclouds can do clear vinyl. I think it would suit it better.

j267 likes this.
  9. I am just bitter that it’s songs I don’t care about. Give me The Mariah Debut Collection and I will buy 16 variants of it in a heartbeat.

aaronhansome and Lapras like this.
  10. You forgot the walmart exclusive vinyl.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2020
  11. That’s the Retail Exclusive Red Vinyl - pretty certain it’s the same across Walmart, FNAC and HMV but each store has a different sticker (and HMV’s has an OBI)

12. squinting maybe I can see two ok albums

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  13. Michael Kiwanuka and...?

14. The VMP price hike is insane but also high key love to see the community suffer, one of the most entitled, toxic groups I've come across. I'm going to continue to subscribe but as soon as they remove the credit swap option I'm out.

Rhombus likes this.
  15. Someone remind what the point of an "indies" release is when HMV carry them all now from launch.

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The sale is....fine but samey. I’ve got Communion, Dedicated and coloured Kaleodoscope aside for me though!

blaze_dave and djmakemewet like this.
  17. Where's that going for cheap these days?

Chris Lala likes this.
  18. Was just wondering this too. It’s £34 on HMV’s site

19. Don't know the prices in store but those ones posted online are literally just the removal of the HMV tax, who was actually going to buy LCD Soundsystem or Mark Ronson for £34.99?

Juno looks fairly cheap, there's a seller on Discogs for £19.99 too. Not sure what price it's at in the HMV sale.

Universal have linked indies and HMV together for a while now, seen them call it a "retail exclusive" (or maybe "every store except Amazon").

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.