Vinyljustice 2.0 | Page 879 | The Popjustice Forum

Vinyljustice 2.0

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by HeartSwells, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

2. I will never understand why Cleo Sol's both fantastic albums are almost 50EUR each.

3. I’ve done the same thing with Secret Santa the last 2 years - bought the person one of my favourite albums of the year. If it has brought me so much joy over the last uncertain 12mths then hopefully it can do the same for someone else.

Thank you again for the very good choice!

Diet Pop!, maikos87, itylts and 2 others like this.
  4. Ariana colour represses pushed back to Feb 25th.

[​IMG]

5. This email hurt.

Nightingaleinme and blaze_dave like this.
  6. Thankful I only got the Yours Truly repress that was delivered in August

7. I knew the delay email was coming and it still stung. Oh well, maybe they’ll show up the same time as the Kesha webstore presses.

blaze_dave likes this.
  8. Oh yeah that is also still coming, teehee.

Gotta look for my gift to send for Secret Santa soon!

blaze_dave likes this.
  9. One of my most listened to of the year ‘Charlotte Day Wilson - Alpha’ , just went up as a member exclusive on VMP (limited to 500).

[​IMG]
    https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/charlotte-day-wilson-alpha

Of course it would be the month my subscription ended, but I love this so much, that I now have a RZA album coming that I didn’t need.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Diet Pop! and FINISH LINE like this.
  10. Has anyone used Chalkys UK before? The Google reviews aren't exactly glowing.

11. Avoid at all cost. I bought something off of them on their Amazon store and it never arrived

12. I almost jumped at this until I saw it’s just the album in a Gucci box nn

Primrose likes this.
  13. Wait how much will this be going for? I'm yet to buy the album and I've fallen in love with it in the past few months..

14. RMK

RMK

Maybe this isn't the place for this discussion, but I am curious if artists will be able to purposely shift the focus from vinyls to other physical formats again. I've had a hard time grasping the cassette revival in certain countries, but totally see CDs as a valuable asset.

The pressing plants just feel a bit too far gone for something not to budge.

15. Recycled vinyl rarely if ever turns out to be an attractive color. Disclosure's last album looked mostly like shit and so did Coldplay's.

16. My Ed equals recycled vinyl actually turned out pretty nice. And based on other IG posts I've seen of it, they seemed pretty consistent of a dark plum swirl with some other colors mixed in. I like it

17. It's already been happening and I think we'll see it pushed heavily in 2022 because it's just not even worth some artists trying for vinyl pressing slots anymore.

Labels just need to make an effort with it: one of the reasons they died off in the 90s was because they felt like shit and were overpriced. Keep it at a cute price point, give it gorgeous packaging, and I think it's a no brainer for fans really.

Lapras and RMK like this.
  18. Yeah I quite liked the recycled vinyl style and if that's a way forward, I'm all for it.

HairBodyFace and mindtrappa like this.
  19. My Disclosure recycled vinyl turned out gorgeous. I was shocked when I received it because I was sure it’d be a muddy color, but it’s a vibrant plum purple and blue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.