Vinyljustice | Page 947 | The Popjustice Forum

Vinyljustice

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by HeartSwells, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Uh, up to you...? Do you want another copy to try and get better colours or money to spend in their store.

It’s good that they’re willing to do that for you, I disagree with the above that it’s not what was advertised as if you got a copy of a different pressing run, it’s just a case that you got unlucky with the colour distribution. Still, VMP charge way beyond the normal costs of traditional pressings so can get away with generous customer service.

2. Does anyone have a discount code for Vinyl Me, Please?

3. They had some last month but I'm 99.9% sure they're no longer working.

4. If you're using a computer browser, rather than a smartphone, download the Honey extension. It may have saved codes that are still valid, it will try to use them automagically.

Also, today's arrivals:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Diet Pop!, AshtrayHeart and Hyrulian like this.
  5. Music Glue's customer support just got back to me regarding Allie X's vinyl (that arrived plain black as opposed to the coloured one) and they're sending a replacement. I also can keep the first one, score!

@HeartSwells did you ever receive the signed print that was supposed to come with it? Got an email a few weeks back saying it'd come separately butstill got nothing... Maybe with the new copy they sent? They really fucked up with that release!

6. Did anyone get "Pang" from Amazon recently?

7. I still can't get over how shitty that La Roux album was.

Diet Pop!, etienne, Mr Blonde and 5 others like this.
  8. No signed print but I'm not too worried about that, I know they'll come eventually (the process of getting them printed and signed in the US, then delivered overseas will likely take longer than a few weeks).

9. I'm still perplexed by the La Roux album (& bought a signed white copy). It's like vacant summer dissociation music.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    Diet Pop!, Humanracin, Push and 2 others like this.
  10. That description sounds too good for the album.

11. It's unavailable. At least in the UK, anyway.

12. I've got $30 VMP store credit and I'm hoping that
    I also think I snatched one of the last from HMV because it’s now out of stock on their website. A late April repress was coming so might potentially come to our shores in May.

P'NutButter likes this.
  13. So, VMP offered me $20 store credit for the JLo mispressing and no free shipping. Isn’t it like... nothing or am I being ungrateful?

Vasilios likes this.
  14. Girl, just go for a replacement.

15. Lapras, aux, toby3000 and 2 others like this.
  16. I always go for the item of greater value, because I'm petty. A replacement would be worth more.

17. Is this regarding the new 180g vinyl? There’s only a couple of clicks and pops on mine, I’m wondering if you were unfortunately unlucky with your copy?

I agree that the volume is low, thankfully not as bad as it was with the picture disc though (the worst sounding vinyl I own!). If only it had been a 2xLP pressing.

Out of interest, do you have the US version (made in Canada) or European version (made in Czech Republic)? I have the European version. I read that the US version sleeves for both Spiceworld & Greatest Hits are more sturdy than European copies, but I haven’t yet seen any comparisons made re: the sound quality of the different pressings.

18. Don't know if it was mentioned, but Caroline said they got complaints that the swirl vinyl had poor sound quality, so they switched to heavyweight black vinyl for all future pressings.

Txetxu likes this.
  19. I hope this means death to the swirl.

ManilaChinchilla likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.