VMAs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBHMM needs to win every award and Rihanna needs to open the show with something show stopping.

Naturally we will probably get a bland Taylor performance with some bland Taylor wins and some shots of her dancing with Selena """""unaware"""" of the camera on her. I'm basically over Taylor and this boring main pop girl phase.

I want the new crop now please. Ariana needs to call someone a cunt on the red carpet or something.

I've never been more apathetic to the VMAs. Is it an age thing? I made a point to watch when I knew Miley was performing, and yes, last year's Beyoncé finale was incredible, but as an overall show, it's become less entertaining every year since the Janet / Gaga / Pink / Beyoncé / Kanye-interrupts-Taylor one.

Let's just move the whole ceremony to Antwerp... because somebody obviously needs to come and save it from destruction.

x240-USe.jpg

Surely Uptown Funk will sweep the male awards, Taylor will sweep the female awards and 1D will win an obligatory "fan" award and that will be it?

Bitch Better Have My Money is by far the most outrageous and colossal - therefore, possibly, the best - but it's more than likely much too late for an inclusion. The other Bitch (I'm Madonna) is interesting, but more than likely will garner not even a mention. Sia's cagefight personality crisis is strangely arresting while FourFiveSeconds is still the cleanest, crispest, and coolest. Anaconda is silly decadence personified and deserves some kind of badge of significance. Some of the biggest songs have underwhelming videos: Uptown Funk wasted an opportunity to go totally Parliament gloss and One Last Time flounders too neatly in its disaster-film cliches. If anything, that behemoth Bad Blood (if indeed nominated) will snag video of the year, purely based on its rapid-fire blockbuster juggernaut illusions.

More than anything, everything is so different these days that one can never really give a proper estimate of what will even be nominated. I still have a problem with Fancy not winning anything huge last year, it was the video of the moment. Like most award shows, what is deemed worthy enough seems increasingly to be incoherent and out of touch with what is really happening, but for some reason I keep coming back to the VMAs. Perhaps it's nostalgia or an odd belief that it will get better. But I think more than anything, it's because it's consistently taught me that even if the majority of the show sucks something will inevitably happen and make it worth talking about.

he/him
I think Madonna will get some kind of nomination to justify to the viewers why she's there and performing (if the rumors are true), since she's not very relevant to the MTV audience, according to the head of the network.

I think Madonna will get some kind of nomination to justify to the viewers why she's there and performing (if the rumors are true), since she's not very relevant to the MTV audience, according to the head of the network.
I hope so. Bitch was an excellent pop clip to an excellent pop track and deserves to posse around in the same circles as any video given to us by her spiritual descendants.

Status
Not open for further replies.