Vox Lux | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Vox Lux

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by fierysadness, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Taste levels through the roof. I have hammered these 2 songs and Hologram all year. I am just waiting in the dark club mix of Wrapped Up.

Slamb and johnny_tsunami like this.
  2. Sometimes I think about this post and cackle. I have no idea why I remember it.

3. I finally got round to watching this. There are some genuinely good moments in this.
    But that concert sequence at the end....absolutely dreadful.

lushLuck likes this.
  4. Lean into its awfulness. It's a glorious mess.

5. That's the best bit in the film though

enjoy and Hunterpoop like this.
  6. I just feel embarrassed for everyone involved. Including myself for witnessing it.

Edu, AGiantSheep, wodny and 1 other person like this.
  7. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Whenever someone posts in this thread, I’m legally obligated to listen to Private Girl 30 times in a row.

8. I’m so sorry!

wodny likes this.
  9. The songs really are objectively terrible, but I love them.

10. EKG will always be amazing. Check your ears. Right now.

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  11. Sia's metaphor machine was cranked UP for that one, a common trait among the Vox Lux tracks. But most of them bop so hard, they're undeniable.

wodny likes this.
  12. That's why it's a perfect movie.

Aidan, Liberty, elektroxx and 4 others like this.
  13. And we can't forget that "Hologram (Smoke and Mirrors)" takes that "PARTYNAUSEOUS" synth and gives it a legitimate home. One of the best songs on the album for me.

BricksAndStrings likes this.
  14. The opening to Vox Lux is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in cinema.

15. ....and then the rest of it happens.

Syzygyz, eddy2375 and Edu like this.
  16. Edu

Edu

COME ON NOW BOY I WANNA SEE SOME SWEAT AND TEARS

Syzygyz, eddy2375, Aidan and 4 others like this.
  17. Alive is my everything and Wrapped Up is also my everything.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Okay but the twist that Celeste made a deal with the devil (who is alluded to be Jude Law) to be famous and the devil was the cause of terrorist attacks to keep her famous before going into EKG
    [​IMG]

19. rdp

rdp

Celeste's sister and daughter being shown bopping to EKG after she did everything to humiliate and bring them down was THE cinematic moment of the 10's.

20. YES
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.