W.E (Madonna's film) | The Popjustice Forum

W.E (Madonna's film)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by SpanishEyes, May 22, 2011.

1. The newest scoop!
    The 68th Venice International Film Festival is scheduled to take place from 31 August to 10 September 2011.

2. Re: W.E

James D'Arcy talks about Madonna:
    More here: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e.../james-darcy-danced-for-madonna-16003222.html

Pretty much every actor has praised her dedication and work. This could actually turn out very good!

3. moorje

moorje Guest

Re: W.E

Richard E Grant said similar things about Filth & Wisdom. I say no more.

4. Re: W.E

Probably, but at least this has a proper budget, she worked with William Orbit and Abel Korzeniowski (!!) on the soundtrack, and the actors are indeed good. There is potential.

5. moorje

moorje Guest

The budget wasn't the problem with her first film, it was the writing.

6. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I do think this will have some King's Speech interest attached to it - which is either going to be good (people interested in seeing it as a result) or bad (reviewers constantly comparing the two).

I hope it's good though.

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Amazing.

8. Re: W.E

More here: http://www.madonna.com/news/title/the-weinstein-company-acquires-madonnas-we-for-us-release

9. Re: W.E

On the threat of being beaten

10. The script leaked and I'm reading it now, it feels a bit wrong...not to mention the fact that I hate reading something this way, screenplays are so clinical.

So far I'm enjoying it, the imagery between the two eras seems quite fluid. Reminds me a bit of The Hours in that sense.

11. @sugarfreemedia Abel Korzeniowski
    W.E. could be my best score so far. Madonna really let me spread my wings and soar.

12. Saw a screening of this last night and it was truly excellent. Really amazing editing, cinematography, and lead performance by Andrea Riseborough. I was suprised to hear that Madonna wrote and directed this. It was a strong, quick-paced, tense romantic drama that was engaging and touching.

13. Madonna's film is officially in the Venice Film Festival:

Look at some of those names. Wow.

14. I must confess I'm more excited that Andrea Arnold, Steve McQueen, Mary Harron and Todd Solondz all have films ready that I didn't know about!

This could be a very interesting campaign - if Andrea Riseborough manages a Best Actress win, the film as a whole will be very media-friendly.

This time next-year, Madonna could well be regarded as a passable film director! Onwards and upwards!

15. Movie stills!! Andrea looks gorgeous.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More here.

One month!

16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

17. Surprised the Daily Mail would give a positive review. And mentioning "they'll hate it because it's Madonna" after they themselves have done that for years is priceless!

Madonna with the cast at the festival:
    [​IMG]

18. I love her, but don't really believe in her directorial skills.

sigh.

19. In general, it seems like the general argument against the film is that it is a case of style over substance, so I suppose that it could have been worse. I mean, mixed reviews are better still than the vicious poison I was expecting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.