Waiting For That Rate- The George Michael/Wham! Singles Discography Rate- The Winner Is.... | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

Waiting For That Rate- The George Michael/Wham! Singles Discography Rate- The Winner Is....

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by gezza76, Apr 23, 2020.

1. @Hairycub1969 needs to sit on the naughtycub step!

True Faith is that bad that it raised up a couple of otherwise zero scoring songs to 1-3 pointers for me.

rawkey, Sideout, POPGASM and 3 others like this.
  2. I actually find his version of "True faith" more moving now that he's no longer with us!

3. Wow, 7 zeroes for True Faith...So harsh!!

It’s funny - in a good way - that we can all be GM fans yet have such differing opinions on GM songs. (Having said that, I end up having a moment where I’m wondering if something is wrong with me for not hearing whatever the vast majority are hearing lol).

Ps This was my first ever rate and I didn’t realise we were meant to supply comments/opinions along with our ratings, sorry.

4. I genuinely wonder what he thought when he heard the finished article back? Finding the tune is really hard- it could have been made into an EDM banger and saw him return to the top 10 off the back of his jail sentence- that would have been better marketing surely?

5. Don't worry- Comments are only optional and some posters prefer not to send them but comment in the thread instead- either way is perfectly fine!

6. Oh that's a good loss, because I hate it as well (3 points - I didn't go lower than 3 points). He has such a beautiful voice and then he goes and hides it behind this lifeless vocoder effect ....

berserkboi, MilesAngel and Ray like this.
  7. I gave 'True Faith' 5 which is my joint second lowest score. Listening to it just now I think I was too generous. My liking for the original clouded my judgement I guess. And that cloud was pirouetting.

gezza76, Ray and Filippa like this.
  8. Ray

Ray

So did Barney and others. Barney needs an auto-cue for the lyrics because he took so many drugs he doesn't remember even 'Blue Monday'. That's also why New Order have 59 songs starting with "hey now, what you doin'" and I am quite sure he doesn't know that.

Aester, gezza76, Eric Generic and 2 others like this.
    rawkey, gezza76 and phoenix123 like this.
  10. Yes, judging from my scores I would agree.

Cotton Park likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. After reading everyone's comments I decided to go and listen to the original version and surprisingly it's really quite good. I mean, I like New Order so it's not that surprising.

13. Surprised this is first out

Untouchable Ace and Hairycub1969 like this.
  14. I really want to agree with you...but the way everyone was trashing "True faith" before the first reveal kinda gave the game away for me....I really wanted to defend it without creating suspicion that I gave it a 9.5 score.
    "True Faith" belongs on a Now CD:
    "Now that's what I call chilled out covered versions of 80's Songs"

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  15. I just listened again and it isn't awful compared to say.......Black Eyed Peas, but it is poor when looked at in terms of GM's own back catalogue. So in a way it's his own fault.

MilesAngel, Baby Clyde, Ray and 2 others like this.
  16. Ray

Ray

I would have been shocked if ANYTHING else was first out. It's like going to a Michelin-star restaurant and being served the Chef's Special, which then tends to be a bowl of live cockroaches.

Can't wait to see what's second, though! (Probably one of my many 10s.)

rawkey, Rooneyboy, phoenix123 and 3 others like this.
  17. I was surprised how maligned An Easier Affair was last time so I’m expecting it to be the next top 40 hit to leave but probably after the random internet songs and not-really-singles....

marie_05 and Eric Generic like this.
  18. George's voice is so beautiful. No need for vocal effects. True Faith got what she deserved.

Baby Clyde, Gnuh Gnuh and Ray like this.
  19. Someone should have told Nile Rodgers.

20. I see you gunning for "Fantasy"

phoenix123 and Eric Generic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.