Waiting For That Rate- The George Michael/Wham! Singles Discography Rate- The Winner Is.... | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum

Waiting For That Rate- The George Michael/Wham! Singles Discography Rate- The Winner Is....

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by gezza76, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Father Figure's middle 8 really is heavenly.

2. Wasn't Father Figure the winner last time? The rate winner backlash is real!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  3. Oh dear.

Cotton Park and Hairycub1969 like this.
  4. Just out of interest, was the last rate the same as this one (as in singles only) or was it the whole GM discography?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  5. It was a GM top 40 singles rate, not including Wham!

6. I gave the Father Figure single a miss at the time, I guess it must have been because I already had the song on the Faith album. Looking back, I’m surprised the OCD in me didn’t rush out and buy it so that I could have the song with a clean outro (ie no segue to “Sex”).

Looking at that top 10 has reminded me, however, that I did go and spend my pocket money somewhere around that time on Belinda, The Wets and Morris Minor & The Majors. Oh god I can’t believe I just said that out loud. (Definitely wont be allowed back in the Madonna thread now!)

7. Hoping I do not spoil something you planned @gezza76, but here is the countdown from the previous rate:

Such a different countdown already!

8. I want 'Freedom 90' to win now my 11 has gone.

berserkboi, Ray and br0dy like this.
  9. A top 5 full of funky bops

and Careless Whisper...

10. This is one of the best top fives I've ever seen in a rate.

Hairycub1969 and Ray like this.
  12. Would you like me to report you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

13. Ray

Ray

Guess somebody wants a top five like that (sigh, sigh)

14. 1 - Careless Whisper
    2 - Freedom '90
    3 - Too Funky
    4 - Fast Love

5 - Outside

15. Father Figure is timeless and has aged extremely well. Still sounds just as magical as am sure it did back in 1987. Glad at least one Faith era song made it this far too. His masterpiece for me.

16. Careless whisper is a classic but I’m rooting for one of the bops to win (except Outside).

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. Yes to a bop win too!

paullypaul likes this.
  18. I mean, I'd much prefer it if "Everything She Wants" and "Jesus to a Child" were still here, but this is one of the rare times everything in the top five is at least a 9 for me. And my 11 just might slink its way down the runway to take the crown (yeah, yeah).

19. I forgot Too Funky was #4 last time.

I always feel like it’s forgotten/underrated but clearly not as here it is in the top five again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.