Walk The Moon - General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Walk The Moon - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by weatherconor, Jan 11, 2015.

1. [video=youtube;6JCLY0Rlx6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCLY0Rlx6Q[/video]
    Don't know much about them but this has become a moderate success over in the US recently, has that brand of Strange Talk/Foster The People/MGMT before shit/Bleachers etc etc esque 80's tinged indie pop that stays on the right side.
    Aquaman is serving pure Toto/Phil Collins/Foreigner vibes right now.

2. A fling of mine got me into these last year. 'Tightrope' is a great little song, so I'd check that out if you like the sound of these guys. Other notable mentions are 'any way I can' and the whole EP.

3. Yeah, I find them enjoyable. "Anna Sun" is another great little bop - probably my favorite of theirs. I really like the video too. I haven't given their new stuff a proper listen yet, so I've got to get on that.

4. I love 'Shut Up and Dance'! It's so catchy from beginning to end... like, honestly, there's not a single boring moment in that entire song.

5. LOVE! This is right up my street sound wise, I love all the acts you mentioned esp Bleachers but never heard of these guys before.
    I'm here for them.

6. I got into them last year via "Tightrope" as well, thanks to it being heavily featured in the "Looking" Season 1 promo, even though it was released in 2012.

I'm digging they've gone more Pop, the kind of sped-up Bloc Partyish indie-pop they were doing on Album 1 is dead and buried anyway.

7. Pre order for the single up on UK iTunes now but for May! Summer smash then.

8. I'm surprised there's not more love for this band/album on here. Talking Is Hard is one of my favourite albums of last year. It's got that new wave/pop/electro/guitar combo melting pot thing just right. Whilst Shut Up And Dance is amazing, there's even better on the album in the shape of the likes of Down In The Dumps (amazing), Side Kick, Different Colours and new single Work This Body...

Plus the lead singer's a right ol' hotty.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Work This Body is definitely one of my favourite singles of the year (despite their awful French).

Deleted member 312 likes this.
  10. New song.

londonrain likes this.
  11. I thought it was never going to end

4Roses likes this.
  12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I’m really enjoying it but yeah, it kind of lost momentum halfway through my first listen when it became apparent that it wasn’t going to go anywhere.

I’m going to give it a few more listens. That chorus is solid.

13. I actually really like it and think it's very catchy. It's just what I'd expect from them at this point.

(I think Nick is very cute but that peroxide bird's nest on his head is a no from me)

londonrain likes this.
  14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I agree. That was an odd choice.

He's going for an interesting look of late:

[​IMG]

That first picture is from the new piece on them in Billboard. The new album is apparently out in November, followed by a tour next year.

AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

One Foot has really grown on me.

I'm less impressed by the new song, "Headphones":

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  16. I quite like the sound of Headphones. After loving Talking Is Hard, I'll definitely be giving this new album a whirl!

londonrain likes this.
  17. They released "Surrender" today and it's pretty good.

I've honestly liked everything I've heard from them so far this era with "One Foot" still being my favorite.

18. Tiger Teeth is celestial! Definitely one of their career highlights

londonrain likes this.
  19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I didn't even realise that the album was coming out today so was pleasantly surprised when it popped up on Spotify this morning.

Is it time for a new thread yet?

20. Ooh...I shall be giving this a listen later!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.