Washed Out - Within and Without | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Washed Out - Within and Without

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by daavid, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Slightly off-topic, but "Feel It All Around" really is one of the greatest songs of all time, isn't it?

2. This is absolutely stunning. New Washed Out, Cut Copy AND Annie has me stoked for some long summer night drives spent sobbing in my car.

3. "Time to Walk Away" is amazing and I've been obsessing all morning. It also has a beautiful music video now!

4. This feels very old school Washed Out...with a tinge of Sade. Just what I needed.

elektroxx likes this.
  5. They are criminally underrated. So many fantastic songs. Their sound evokes such feelings of freedom, comfort, nostalgia, intimacy, and renewal for me.

6. I couldn't resist ordering the purple vinyl from Rough Trade which has just been dispatched, I've only heard the two songs above which are gorgeous. He seems back on form, I only have the first two albums and the Amor Fati EP.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020
  7. Can't wait to receive mine. Looks lovely

8. Been playing the album nonstop today. Might be my second favourite, behind Within and Without.

9. Still early days, but I think it's his best album yet. Side B especially is phenomenal!

cabirian likes this.
  10. This is such a return to form after the deeply disappointing Mister Mellow. It's too soon to tell how I'll stack this up compared to Paracosm and Within and Without, two of my favorite albums ever, but every moment on this new one is captivating. This is exactly the cathartic mood I need for these melancholic late summer days.

cabirian and elektroxx like this.
  11. Yeah this is a cute li'l album, definitely his best work in a while.

cabirian likes this.
  12. He's surely been keeping busy. There's already live performances of the majority of the album.

Paralyzed
    Time To Walk Away
    Face Up
    Too Late

Time To Walk Away
    Reckless Desires
    Too Late
    Face Up
    Hide
    Paralyzed
    Leave You Behind

Face Up
    Time To Walk Away
    Hide

lushLuck, Diet Pop! and elektroxx like this.
  13. Such an underrated album, truly his Haiku From Zero moment. (Great stuff, critics are just tired of the sound)

Might be...*gasp* his most consistent?

lushLuck likes this.
  14. The 'Paralyzed' video...

I was not ready for that.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.