And I hover above like a deity
But you don't worship me
You don't worship me
Yeah you strip the illusion
You did it well
I'll put you through hell
I'll put you through hell

Gkuk2oC.gif

I've always had a hard time getting into her and I was hoping this album would be different but it still feels very much like I'm missing something. I'm sure if I dug more into the lyrics there are gems galore but the actual music kind of just feels there for me? I'm in no means writing this off but on first listen I just don't "get it" yet.

I've always had a hard time getting into her and I was hoping this album would be different but it still feels very much like I'm missing something. I'm sure if I dug more into the lyrics there are gems galore but the actual music kind of just feels there for me? I'm in no means writing this off but on first listen I just don't "get it" yet.

I would actually say diving into the lyrics for Waxahatchee was what really made everything click for me! She has one of my favorite lyrical voices in music, it just took a little perusing of Genius to put together what she was singing at times nn.

Her debut is somewhat rough around the edges but fuck if the title track isn't sharp as hell in capturing quiet intimacy:

It's morning
We're still in the same place
We are diluted
We are the only ones awake
And you hold me like you do it every day
I chase a graceful way to erase or to run away
We diverge and I collapse into my bed
And you are shoved awkwardly into my head
Wage sleep to sleep in
American weekend

aqxsXPe.gif