Wednesday (Netflix) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Wednesday (Netflix)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Only watched first episode so far and I love it.

2. This was so good! Hopefully they do a season 2. Christina Ricci was brilliant~

GimmeWork likes this.
  3. I'm on episode 2. It's definitely more CW than I expected or hoped, but I'm curious enough to keep watching.

The CGI monster though? Needs a redo.

heavymetalGAGA and Lately like this.
  4. I've binged this on the weekend and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Jenna Ortega carries the whole thing with so much ease it's amazing.

And even though it's not perfect - some dodgy acting, the younger characters dialogue has that Netflix thing that irks me in which they all sound cringy and forced trying to be young, and it doesn't portray the most innovative story to the point that sometimes you feel you're watching a Harry Potter fanfiction. BUT.

It's done with a lot of heart, it's entertaining and the Scooby Doo mystery works in keeping you alert and guessing. And again, Jenna Ortega.

5. Jenna Ortega is by far the most pleasant thing about this, we are witnessing the rising of a star.

6. I’m enjoying the CWness of it all to be honest - not trying to be anything more than it is

Mvnl likes this.
  7. I sort of want a spin-off based on this Addams Family, as Luis Guzmán and Catherine Zeta-Jones are a perfect Gomez and Tish

8. When Physical stops playing before the blood sprinklers scene tho...

[​IMG]

papatrick, GimmeWork, popzone and 7 others like this.
  9. Thing almost dying about crushed me as much as Dobby in Harry Potter

GimmeWork, popzone, itylts and 3 others like this.
  10. I loved this show and my favorite scene was when she danced at the school dance. So good! Jenna really did an outstanding performance with this character. We need season 2 asap!

Juango and Andrew like this.
  11. I’m on the second episode, this is pretty entertaining so far.

This very much from the first episode.

Andrew likes this.
  12. I found the rest of the Addams Family pretty dull in the series and couldn’t forget the flamboyant Julia-Huston duo from the movies, while Jenna made me forget about Christina in an instant.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    Crisp X, rav4boy and Lately like this.
  13. I want a Gomez and Tish spin off from when they were teens at the school. Also Thing needs his own spin off.

Andrew likes this.
  14. I want to see that!

15. I'm sure Netflix will be cashing in with spin offs. Wednesday is tied with Stranger Things for the most no.1s around the world. And well deserved success too. I loved everything about it.

16. Overall it was a solid show with a tremendous lead performance by future Oscar winner Jenna Ortega. I have to say unfortunately the performances of Catherine Zeta Jones and Luis Guzman were not really landing for me. I know it has to be it's own thing but it's hard not to compare it to Angelica Houston and Raul Julia.

FresherThanYou and Clyde like this.
  17. Thing better sweep Awards Season.

godspeed, Clyde and johnny_tsunami like this.
  18. I’m sad that I absolutely hated this. The forced, overly snarky “teen speak” dialogue is just painful. I’ve only watched an episode, so maybe that element improves.

I can’t even enjoy Jenna’s performance like everyone else because the dialogue being so contrived makes her acting seem correspondingly forced.

SHYGUY likes this.

19. wow so deserved.

20. Not me thinking they were saying Gareth Gates in episode 5.

Mvnl, Maria and sesita like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.