Westworld | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

Westworld

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by AlmightyAloud, Oct 3, 2016.

1. This was a great episode, one of the best since season one I think.
    A right mix of revealing information that illuminate and propulses the narrative, while still leaving a lot of intriguing stories to be resolved.
    The 5 pearls charade being exposed in a simple and poetic manner (of course Dolores wouldn't trust anyone else), and the demise of William (how will he play on the big arch of the season?) were great moments.
    Hoping that they keep this balance on the rest of the season, otherwise the arch becomes a mess and everything feels very convoluted (like most season 2).

ElectricKnight and Floppie like this.
  2. I just finished S1 last night and certain parts of the story were confusing so I'm sure S2 will leave me worse for the wear

Osiris likes this.
  3. OMG I didn't know this was back? YATH I have four episodes to catch up on. Or maybe i should wait till this is done and binge all of it....hmmm

4. Watch it now.

A bit disappointed about the pearls reveal but it makes sense.

It's starting to feel more and more like everything is a simulation (FutureWorld?) and the actual world is destroyed, isn't it?!

lushLuck and ElectricKnight like this.
  5. Yeah the pearl reveal is logical story-wise, but a little disappointing from a character perspective. I wanna see a wider spread of the hosts we know navigating the real world and coming into their own, although I guess that's still on the cards at some point.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. I think it also makes sense in a character perspective - it's showing that Dolores is a power-hungry player trying to advance the story in her benefit, like everyone else (except for Bernard?).
    It's heartbreaking seeing her become more egoistic since I root for her, but this adds different layers of complexity and takes the character farther away from the 'damsel in distress / saving-angel avenger' role. She is in it for her, not for the hosts (at the moment - let's see how things go!).

7. You gotta love Westworld's haiku-like press releases:

Season 3, episode 1: “Parce Domine”
    If you’re stuck in a loop, try walking in a straight line.

Season 3, episode 2: “The Winter Line”
    People put up a lot of walls. Bring a sledgehammer to your life.

Season 3, episode 3: “The Absence of Field”
    If you don’t like what you see in the mirror, don’t blame the mirror.

Season 3, episode 4: “The Mother of Exiles”
    The truth doesn’t always set you free.

Season 3, episode 5: “Genre”
    Just say no.

Season 3, episode 6: “Decoherence”
    Do a lot of people tell you that you need therapy?

Season 3, episode 7: “Passed Pawn”
    A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  8. Another strong episode, but I just want Maeve. Can she just have another Kill Bill-esque samurai sword fight with Dolores please.

Osiris likes this.
  9. I'm quite obsessed with this season - the plot is is great, the balance between exposition and mystery is great, the characters are complex but not opaque, and everything is falling in place in a dynamic manner.
    I'm scared that this could mean that the series is over, since with these last 3 episodes I'm getting a big "tying the knots" energy.

Osiris likes this.
  10. I don't know if that would be such a bad thing. It's a hugely expensive show to make and has never really exploded in popularity.

Better for it to end 'properly' this season than with a bunch of loose threads if HBO don't pick it up for another one.

11. This needs at least one more season. Two would be ideal.

12. That last episode was amazing!

Sad about Hector and Hale's family, though... I know it's highly unlikely but at this point, I hope Maeve destroys Dolores and her copies!

13. Now that was a great episode. Pure tension and excitement from start to finish.

iRelate, Big Bang and Osiris like this.
  14. Amazing episode and the ending was so powerful. Although it’s still confusing at times, I’m enjoying this season so much more than the last.

ElectricKnight likes this.
  15. The season feels a little like the writers are running in circles.

Anyway, it appears a favorite character is returning next week in Maeve's 'army'
    Clementine

16. Renewed!

I can see next season being the last though.

Osiris likes this.
  17. Mike and Osiris like this.
  18. Three more seasons after the show runners said they thought/wanted 4 to be the last? The series is going to end poorly and undo the triumphs of the first two seasons

19. Season 3 has been great so far. Better than season 2 (and I loved season 2). So I'm not worried.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.