Westworld | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Westworld

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by AlmightyAloud, Oct 3, 2016.

1. I love this show!

2. The self skull crushing was... a lot.

3. This episode felt a bit... Hmm. Filler. Necessary but not particularly exciting.

4. Oh dear. I haven't seen it yet, but you don't want to hear the word 'filler' in association with episode three of a massive show like this!

Does anyone know if the story ends with the last episode of this series, or is it going to be an on-going thing?

5. I was really losing interest and then the skull crush bit happened and Evan Rachel Wood's character broke her protocol so now I'm intrigued again.

6. Given the massive investment I think this has multiple seasons ahead of it. It's being earmarked as the big Game of Thrones replacement and GOT still has two seasons to go.

The episode just felt a bit.. "spooky spooky, the robots are becoming sentient" and I felt like "ok but what else is new?". The build-up is necessary but I was bored for most of it.

Tommy Johnson likes this.
  7. My only issue is that we know there will be ~dawn of AI~ so basically we're just watching it unfolds but it's so slow. So much filler scenes, I'm curious if they will match all that build-up with brillian finale.

Square likes this.
  8. Having just watched this, I did find myself zoning out occasionally.

9. It's all very promising but I hope they don't use that as an excuse to stretch things out.

Vasilios likes this.
  10. I'm petty enough to want this to flop just so we get a Game of Thrones spin-off.

Baby Clyde and Square like this.
  11. I'm absolutely loving this so far. Spellbinding television.

12. Very strong start. I enjoyed the third episode as much as the first two, though it was perhaps a little slower moving. This has got all kinds of layers to it; I think it will twist and subvert as to where we think it's going to go. I wouldn't be surprised if - aside from Anthony Hopkins - ALL the employees were AI and this is just some horrific experiment that questions the notion of power. I think what is outside of the entire complex is going to throw a spin on it. We have no idea where or when it is set. For all we know, it could be the last of humanity - if anyone is human - crawling through space a la Battlestar Galactica, with the park of Westworld as an amusement. Or it could be something entirely different. It just feels like this a tiny peek into a much, much wider universe.

Anyone else struck by the similarities to Joss Whedon's Dollhouse?

13. Abe

Abe

Anthony Hopkins' scene in episode 4 is a highlight for me.

14. I liked how it seemed he was doing things as if by magic but we got a glimpse he was directing the robots with his finger under the table - ie, things are not quite what they seem.

Also interesting that he's presumably aware of whatever the other dude is doing to Dolores and quite cool with it.

I'm still not clear what the passage of time is like inside the park. I thought there was only a single day, with the characters playing out their same arcs every day, but then it seems not? Like Hector was only going to get rescued in 3 days etc.

15. AMAZING SHOW.

16. Watched the first 4 episodes and like the show. Certainly cerebral and beautiful to watch. But there seems to be times where it's not holding my attention or as engaging as GOT.

17. It's starting to feel spun out and a bit like a scl-fi Groundhog Day. It's watchable, but only the first episode had me gripped.

18. It's moving too slow. It makes many scenes feel overstreched and like fillers. If it'll keep up like this the finale will feel like relief.

19. There's too many similar scenarios going on too. When James Marsden turned up last week I was surprised. I'd forgotten he was in it! I thought from the first episode he was going to be a major player in this. I know the show is meant to be confusing... but it's not really holding the interest anymore.

PS. I think Luke Hemsworth is a robot. Either that or his acting is off.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Square likes this.
  20. I agree with everyone saying this show has my interest but not my attention at times. I find myself spacing out during scenes that just drag out or seem, from my perspective, to be made just for the sake of having an action scene.

Square and Monkey0 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.