Westworld | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Westworld

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by AlmightyAloud, Oct 3, 2016.

1. It's a little unsatisfying to watch Thandie's character evolve simply by manipulating the staff rather than her base character naturally following her existing suspicions, but I guess that's what we have Dolores for.

aaronhansome likes this.
  2. "If you're being fucked either way go with the lucrative option, sweetheart"

Thandie says snatching those iconic moments.

3. After a few dull and meandering episodes, this episode was a return to form. I'm intrigued to see where it's all heading. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some Jurassic Park carnage somewhere down the line.

4. Thandie was phenomenal! That whole scene as she was walking upstairs was brilliant. Finally this show gets traction.

stuaw and that boy is a monster like this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This show is all about Thandie. She's the highlight of every episode.

He, stuaw and MarlonBrando86 like this.
  6. Nah, the cast is all amazing and equally brilliant. That British LAD!!!1 though.

Judy Jetson Hooker and stuaw like this.
  7. The british lad is fun in a sort of "insufferable creative" way, especially considering how the show talks about and takes on narrative but he could be the first to properly die and I wouldn't miss him.

that boy is a monster likes this.
  8. Also, the amount of potential this show has is fantastic for me but yeah, the obvious need to be a multi-season hit for HBO is hurting it. Need more progress.

Leopold likes this.
  9. Last week's Thandie led show was better, but I've long given up trying to work out what the Man In Black and Teddy are up to.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Leopold likes this.
  10. This show must be incredibly frustrating for people who want plot momentum. I like how it refuses to let any of the males be an identifying character, between Teddy, Bernard or William. Especially in a world meant to be basically a male fantasy, the two main women take hold of their future and move past their original roles.

I'm just so intrigued by the world. Season two could be like S2 of GoT in how the scope of the show opens up on a massive scale and introduces us to the world Westworld is in, but also, I don't know if that specifically relates to the story that it wants to tell.

Had an interesting chat with my friend watching this as he wonders why anyone gets swept up in the park and why the hosts forming their own level of sentience was important. "They're just robots." but if they have proper feelings, what does that say about our responsibility to them?

As it is, between the election and this show, I realize more and more what a rare commodity empathy is.

stuaw likes this.
  11. Also, I say all that above but in the back of my head, there is a sense of the emperor having no clothes here as well, so we'll see how it goes.

12. She really is.

What british lad?

13. I didn't know if he meant the annoying storyline writer or the young lad who was one of Anthony Hopkins' first creations.

14. That fucking episode.

Danish bae <3

that boy is a monster likes this.
  15. The most recent episode did a lot. I saw it coming a split second before it happened, but it still got me. I need Thandie to fuck Ford all the way up. Old white men are always evil.

Judy Jetson Hooker and Leopold like this.
  16. Oh...I was wondering if he meant Prince Caspian...

17. That's a thought...

Oh, who cares... None of it makes any sense anyway!

Leopold likes this.
  18. These past few episodes have been AMAZING.

So Theresa is definitely coming back as a robot, right? It makes you wonder who else is one. Maybe the two techs who are working with Maeve? It might explain why they're so willing to go against protocol. I actually think the Board member (I forget her name) might be? Like, I thought it was so weird how she called a meeting with Theresa and then when she arrived the Board member opened her door completely nude, post-sex. Like, that was just odd, right?

Also, I had read theories about Bernard so I wasn't super surprised but the way that it was handled was chilling.

"What door?"

Judy Jetson Hooker, stuaw and Leopold like this.
  19. "What door?" was iconic.

stuaw, chris4862 and truman like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.