What/If - Renee Zellweger Netflix series | The Popjustice Forum

What/If - Renee Zellweger Netflix series

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, Jun 7, 2019.

1. So I just watched the first episode and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF MELODRAMA. Renee chewing scenery like a dairy cow in a fresh field of grass was amazing and Jane Levy holding her own against her. Can't wait to watch the rest.

2. Rob

Rob

I'm half way through and honestly the show is a total slog. The "mystery" has long worn thin, most of the characters aren't particularly likable and Renee's character is so one-dimensional it borders on caricature.

3. I'm so here for a Renee comeback. However, the material she's been given/choosing has not done her talents/charisma justice.

4. Here is my post from the Netflix thread:

To be fair, now when I look back I think I've enjoyed this more thant I thought? It's a easy watch.

5. The show is ridiculous and not in a good way. So much padding. It could easily lose 4 episodes. Subplots and characters are just.....annoying. Definitely not worth the 8 episode slog if you're hoping to be rewarded for your perseverance. What/Ever.

6. I thought the first episode was interesting, the second one was much weaker and I gave up with the third one. The actual main storyline sort of gripped me with me wondering what had happened between Renee's character and the husband but then everything just became too much like a TV soap and there was all this time dedicated to the gay couple who were a terrible representation in 2019 ("oh look there's a gay couple and they go to gay bars and have threesomes and only talk about sex and have sex) and even the other story with the cheating doctors was boring as fuck.

The only thing I will say is that the characters of Todd (wow) and Sean were great eye candy, but unfortunately not enough to keep watching which is annoying as I have major OCD with any TV series I start to watch and always have to finish no matter how bad it is, but I just couldn't be arsed with this.

7. I only watched the first episode and it put me off trying to finish the series.

8. This absolute abomination was apparently the most watched show on UK Netflix last week so a second season might be on the cards?

Safe to say it's no Revenge, the first episode of which was one of the best pilots ever. The whole first season was totally beyond (before it went to shit). Seems like the creator is a massive one trick pony though.

9. I believe it could have had 7-8 episodes to make it drag less.

10. I started at episode 6 with my roommate giving me the details so far and found it entertaining.

Definitely didn't have the urge to go back and watch the other episodes though.

11. Wanting to be Ann Montgomery wasn’t the intended take away, was it?

Rob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.