What is your most on brand story from your childhood? | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

What is your most on brand story from your childhood?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vasilios, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Uno

Uno

When I was graduating Pre-Kindergarten, we had to do a song & dance routine representing each season of the year, and when my mom was picking out my clothes for the "Summer" routine, I told her I wanted to roll up my shirt and show my belly like the girls on TV. She told me no, but I nagged for hours and refused to put anything on until she finally gave in. She let me do it, but made me compromise to wear flowers and maracas to make it look more "Latino dancer" rather than her son just trying to be a hussy. I got so much attention that day!

[​IMG]

LTG, etienne, Rem and 17 others like this.
  2. OMG that is so cute!

3. Me but with creating imaginary long, flowing hair using a towel and a plastic band and my parents going 'haha he wants to look like an arab'.

etienne, iRyan, papatrick and 2 others like this.
  4. Why is this making me scream.

Also never heard that song, oprah_i_like_this.gif

papatrick and Vasilios like this.
  5. Our girl for all seasons Hen

toby3000 likes this.
  6. serving Gloria Estefan realness. An icon!

Vasilios and Uno like this.
  7. Who did you get to do the bit in Dress you up when the camera pans between her legs and you see a young girl in the audience with a look of pure love on her face?

8. My friend's mom walked in on me teaching the 'Baby Boy' choreography to one of my best girlfriends. While I was wearing her heels. And her shawl.

LTG, etienne, Bangers&Bops and 18 others like this.
  9. we had a dog.

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  10. Me, but the song was Vogue and you can replace the shawl with a towel on my head.

I... have no idea what I was thinking.

11. Fabulous?

12. Fabulous.

13. I-

[​IMG]

14. Here I was thinking the direction this was going was you somehow passing for your twin and finding some way to make it to the concert.

Vasilios and Verandi like this.
  15. What kind of Olsen Twins TV movie fantasy

Burzum likes this.
  16. I was waiting for 'my parents had bought us tickets to Alesha all along!!'

@TeamSats2012 parents when he asked 'are we seeing Alesha':

17. I feel bad now :(

18. When I was about 6 I asked my mum if I could text in to a Cartoon Network competition about Tom and Jerry. She let me do it because it was only £1 and the prize was something along the lines of a paid holiday and £1000. I proceeded to text in over 250 times without telling her, she couldn't afford to pay the phone bill and she had to have our Sky box cut off. Back to freeview it was gherls x

[​IMG]

LP, LTG, Tchelitchew and 13 others like this.
  19. kal

kal

When my mum got her first cell phone the provider had some sort of promotion where you could win a brand spanking new car. Everyone was automatically eligible to win it just by being with that provider. I was around 12 at the time, and was already too savvy with the internet for my own good.

I found a website that let you send texts to people’s phones but you could also specify the sender name and it would show up on the receiver’s end without any indication that it was sent through that service. You could literally spoof any sender name.

Cue me thinking it would be a great idea to trick people, including my mother, into thinking they won the car. 5 minutes later the home phone rings and I pick up to hear my frantic, excited mother screaming into my ear “I WON THE CAR! I WON!!”

I immediately exploded with laughter and told her what had actually happened. She was furious and didn’t talk to me for a week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.