What is your most on brand story from your childhood? | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

What is your most on brand story from your childhood?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vasilios, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Hudweiser has a vengeful streak and never forgets. When I was 6-7ish, a 'friend' of mine with a bizarre fetish for car accidents stole some Matchbox cars out of my schoolbag and stomped on them before just putting them back for me to find, even showing me his handiwork with a smug grin.

Some years later when we weren't really friends anymore, but not enemies either, I was happening by the Home Ec lab where he was in a class making lasagne just as they got sent off for recess. Nobody was around, so I idled in, poured an entire uncooked lasagne into his bag, shook it around, and made sure it seeped out over his jacket on the chair, and left. No culprit was ever positively identified.

londonrain, madgemad, acl and 34 others like this.
  2. SCREAM! I love this.

3. One time I was playing out with my next door neighbour and we decided to trick the next person who walked by into thinking that we had Automatic High by S Club Juniors as a phone ringtone, by playing the instrumental from the CD single out loud, pressing pause and pretending to answer the phone.

Another time I gave my cousin a few high-value Pokémon cards and when I went to bed that night, decided I wanted them back, so I lied to my mum and said he stole them.

4. Why?

Mikl C and Sam de Jour like this.
  5. [​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

acl, papatrick, Runawaywithme and 4 others like this.
  7. scream

8. More pls

[​IMG]

acl and papatrick like this.
  9. We were on a family holiday in Spain when I was about 7, and my mum told me to get ready because we were going to see the Madonna. Well obviously I interpreted that as THE Madonna.

You can imagine my disappointment when a few hours later we got off the bus to look at a statue.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Dee91, neinzedd, francisco and 42 others like this.
  10. When I was around 8 years old, I went to hang out with my next door neighbour and we wanted to do something fun to get through the boring summer break. We decided to try our hand at writing songs, so we sat at the garden table, had 30 minutes each to write our song and had to stand up and sing our newborn bops.

My neighbour was big into Evanescence and Linkin Park at the time, so her song was quite emo and revolved about being the 'weird girl', whereas mine ended up being a song called 'Millenium 2000' which consisted of a bunch of lyrics about having fun with your friends, celebrating surviving Y2K, and being nice to your mum, all while using a melody that was completely stolen from Five's Keep on Moving.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    neinzedd, londonrain, acl and 22 others like this.
  11. I love 1999 by Charli and Troye.

mcuk, Mirwais Ahmadzaï, acl and 13 others like this.
  12. I used to love a lot of bands like Evanescence growing up, but now I can't even listen to them anymore without cringing. Everybody's Fool was the last song of theirs I still liked, but then I learned what the song's meaning was, some anti-pop bullshit with Amy Lee saying that women like Britney and Christina were "fake sluts" or something along those lines, it completely put me off it.

neinzedd, Kuhleezi, Rem and 3 others like this.
  13. I just spent the last half an hour reading this thread and I don't regret it one bit.

I know I have 1000 embarrassing stories to offer but they're all repressed.

mcuk, acl, Overdose and 1 other person like this.

14. Will just let this one speak for itself.

neinzedd, mcuk, 2014 and 33 others like this.
  15. I'm stanning!!!!!

16. This is so awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

17. This absolutely made my day!

18. OH MY GOD
    My love.

19. Those MOVES, I’m bald!!!

Time change the thread title to ‘Baby Chetney Discussion’ because that’s all we stan in this thread now.

20. Peep the usage of:
    1) a club mix straight from the maxi-single
    2) a sleeveless vest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.