What Kind Of Fuckery Is This? - UK Politics General Discussion | Page 1053 | The Popjustice Forum

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This? - UK Politics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Baby Clyde, Apr 8, 2010.

1. I feel in a bit of a despair because what's morally right (telling racists & transphobes to get fucked) is clearly not going to be a vote winner, and this latest iteration of the Conservative government feel evil enough to exploit that.

2. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Yeah... surprisingly few people have legitimate concerns about anything in this country, we delivered the strongest Conservative majority since Thatcher.

Thatcher replaced industry with unemployment and therefore groups of winners (the employed) who were simultaneously grateful for the opportunity and afraid of the alternative. Thatcher replaced communities with loneliness and selfish yuppies who have been programmed into believing that personal gain is more important than anything else which is why we have a housing crisis, food banks, a National Health Service on its knees and an inherent distaste for solidarity with the European Union which presented itself as a convenient excuse when national frustrations with the way life is were coming to a confusing boiling point four years ago.

I think that's why we have a majority of people who feel something has been taken from them. Those people then lashed out and took away something from everyone that is not like them - foreigners, the young who don't have, and the hopeful who wish for something else. I also think that's why no truly left-wing Labour leader can win in this political climate, because any kind of push back against the status quo threatens these people who have something (houses, let's be honest, and jobs that support them having one or more properties) because they're afraid that the alternative will take that away from them and the status quo is all that separates them from the people they chose to fuck over when they voted for Brexit. This country is toxic and rotten to the core and I can't stomach it. It's making me depressed.

JMRGBY, idunchnoe, Hudweiser and 8 others like this.
  3. LTG

LTG

One of the biggest problems with the whole New Labour project was the pandering to the “legitimate concerns” gang. There were years where asylum seekers were the danger and both the Blair and Brown governments were happy to dabble in racism. Gordon Brown saying there should be British jobs for British workers at the Electricité de France factory.

Centrists love complaining about Corbyn voting against the Labour government but have never engaged with the substance of what was being voted on. Remember Blair trying to make it legal to hold people for 90 days without charge?

4. Cackling at Boris thinking his engagement and baby announcement would bury the Prick Patel tea.

andru, Eric Generic, Remorque and 3 others like this.
  5. I heard a rumour the other day that the reason Boris has been hidden away is because Carrie found out he was cheating on her whilst she was pregnant and gave him a black eye.

Suddenly half the rumour is confirmed.

6. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Priti Patel getting embroiled in yet another scandal that won't turn out to destroy her career because she doesn't give a fuck is just... ugh.

7. Keir's answer was total BS.

Pineapple likes this.
  8. Trade news:

Blond likes this.
  9. Rebecca gave a direct answer that was straight to the point. Lisa was a bit more long-winded but still answered the question.

Keir... gave me "person who hasn't read up on the candidates and is blagging based on what the previous person said".

10. I’m watching the Starmer and Long-Bailey interviews on The Andrew Neil show, good God is this the best we can do?

Eric Generic likes this.
  11. He's a panderer. He's shite.

12. Shameless.

joe_alouder, Sam, machine80 and 10 others like this.
  13. Oh god, Liz Truss and Trade.... who can forget this classic...

lob0to and Empty Shoebox like this.
  14. White Tory fragility, exhibit 264925720:

15. Absolute shower, the lot of them.

16. ...

Kuhleezi and londonrain like this.

17. [​IMG]

(Also, "just voted"? "Just voted" in what election?)

Mr.Arroz, lob0to, phily693 and 4 others like this.
  18. Apparently Joanna Cherry has put herself forward to be selected as the SNP candidate for Edinburgh Central for next years election. The SNP came second to Ruth Davidson here last time but I will not be voting for Joanna Cherry's transphobic ass. I'd rather have a Tory representing me, and that's saying a lot. Especially since it seems she wants to get into Holyrood to challenge Sturgeon for SNP leadership, which would be a disaster for gender recognition reform in Scotland.

phily693, Pineapple, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  19. Cherry as SNP leader is a terrifying thought.

Shockbox, James2009, phily693 and 5 others like this.
  20. I couldn't agree more. Cherry is a piece of shit and I couldn't bring myself to vote for her. We still have Angus Robertson fighting to contest the seat, but worst case scenario the Greens will get my first and second vote.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.