What Kind Of Fuckery Is This? - UK Politics General Discussion | Page 920 | The Popjustice Forum

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This? - UK Politics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Baby Clyde, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Just let Ireland reunite and be done with it.

Ashling92, mcuk, Mikl C and 1 other person like this.
  2. I think we English deserve everything we get, in all honesty.

Thank God for my Irish heritage!

DoggySwami, mcuk and Baby Clyde like this.
  3. That's the end goal hopefully, along with Scottish independence.

stuaw likes this.
  4. I don't like to say it, but what Blair is saying here kinda makes sense.

dirtypony and Cundy like this.
  5. He’s also a war criminal.

Subspace88, K94, Ashling92 and 9 others like this.
  6. Politics (and public discourse) would be a much nicer place if we accepted that it’s possible to agree with people on some issues, and disagree with them on others. Or that we can agree with someone on an issue even if they have problematic views on other things, or previous wrongdoings, or friends we don’t approve of.

7. Yes, I don't think the fact that Tone has done things I heartily disagree with in the past negates the fact that he's right on the money here.

8. It’d also be nicer if he wasn’t in it.

Scream that him being a war criminal and responsible for death can be a mistake or disagreement.

Ashling92 and Sanctuary like this.
  9. I... didn’t say that. But sure.

kalonite likes this.
  10. ...Ellen? Is that you?

11. Dystopia is already here.

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  12. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Moderator

This Anne Sacoolas thing is wild. You accidentally killed a teenager because you were driving on the wrong side of the road from what you’re accustomed to, that’s awful for everyone, but don’t run away and hide behind diplomatic immunity! It’s just really... gross? You think of diplomatic immunity meaning that diplomats are safe from being dragged into political disputes in the country they are working in, not protecting their families from the law when they commit manslaughter and do a runner.

Bangers&Bops, Doodvid, Blond and 16 others like this.
  13. This is indicative of the general public's view.

Tony Blair or David Cameron could say literally anything. They could even say 'cake is nice' and nobody would believe it because it was one of them who said it.

londonrain likes this.
  14. The Brexiteers are getting desperate now with these fantasies.

15. Looks like he's enjoying himself tbh.

mcuk likes this.
  16. 'reveals'

londonrain likes this.
  17. There is zero desire to leave the EU in Ireland. I grew up in the 90s and our infrastructure was shit until the EU helped fund our motorways. The entire motorway system back then was a ringroad around Dublin and two spurts out of the city, and now we have 13 lines covering 1000km. We've gotten so much out of being an EU member, we would be insane to leave. If the world's 5th largest economy can't do it gracefully, what chance do we have?

18. Referring back to the Question Time clip someone posted:

@England
    Ireland declared independence ONE HUNDRED YEARS ago. You lost. Get over it.
    Dublin owes you absolutely nothing. Nothing.

However, you owe Ireland multiple grovelling apologies for the genocides and centuries of subjugation.

19. Reading various comments online, I don't really think anyone cares about leaving anymore, they just want to 'win'.

20. "What victory?" said Boxer. His knees were bleeding, he had lost a shoe and split his hoof, and a dozen pellets had lodged themselves in his hind leg.

"What victory, comrade? Have we not driven the enemy off our soil— the sacred soil of Animal Farm?"

"But they have destroyed the windmill. And we had worked on it for two years!"

"What matter? We will build another windmill. We will build six windmills if we feel like it. You do not appreciate, comrade, the mighty thing that we have done. The enemy was in occupation of this very ground that we stand upon. And now— thanks to the leadership of Comrade Napoleon— we have won every inch of it back again!"

"Then we have won back what we had before," said Boxer.

"That is our victory," said Squealer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.