What Kind Of Fuckery Is This? - UK Politics General Discussion | Page 974 | The Popjustice Forum

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This? - UK Politics General Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Baby Clyde, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Oh, he apparently actually says “people of talent”. Quick, get the lip readers and newspaper spreads about what he actually said!

2. I did watch it back and it sounds distinctly like he says “people of colour”. “People of talent” is an odd construction, even for him!

3. We know that he is a racist, so it's much more likely that he said something racist, no?

londonrain likes this.
  4. All of those tweets have been deleted.

aniraz likes this.
  5. What happened?

6. Mhmm

It feels like we're living in a very long episode of Black Mirror.

7. He said talent

8. It's that whole Yanny / Laurel thing again - you can actually aurally interpret both if you expect to hear it.

I don't often encounter the phrase 'people of talent' though. 'With talent' maybe, but not 'of'.

londonrain likes this.
  9. Wait, this is a dead cat.

This is to
    1) get us talking about immigration
    2) distract from the Irish Sea Border
    3) distract from John Major campaigning against him.

mcuk, Stuart and xondus like this.
  10. I don’t know why I get so invested and watch these damn debates, they make me so anxious I feel sick.

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I’ve had a skim read through of their Bringing Energy Home thing tonight to try and myth bust some of my reservations about their nationalisation policies and I... don’t feel any better. Job security is still a big question mark and I really don’t understand what they think the government can do that Ofgem, Ofwat etc couldn’t do with increased regulatory capacity.

londonrain likes this.
  12. “Are you prepared to put safety above human rights?”

What kind of question is that???? I’m dumbfounded.

13. Only caught the last half but I think Jeremy was pretty great whereas Boris stumbled over everything and continually brought it all back to Brexit in a very transparent manner.

I wish Jeremy was a bit more forceful on the fact that he has had a clear stance on Brexit for a while now, though.

14. I don’t mean to be rude, but can someone please explain to me why people are voting for the Tory party? Is it because they genuinely support Tory policies or is just because they’re worried about JC getting in?

Deleted member 30181 likes this.

15. fhdhshs we’ve all given up

16. Jesus - that poll they’ve just posted.

Somehow Corbyn is considered more in touch with people and more trustworthy but at the same time less prime ministerial??? What the fuck is going through these people’s minds???

I want to cry.

17. Corbyn will truly be the one great prime minister that got away. I’m sad. Brexit has ruined this country... which we been knew.

fancygreen, Stuart, Filippa and 16 others like this.
  18. I think the ‘lol’ was because Johnson ‘won’ as the best performer in their post-debate poll... with a 52-48 split.

19. My post still stands

20. Yep. The “lol” immediately followed this tweet.

Butterfly likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.