What's That Song? | Page 14 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. There's a part in Delta Goodrem's Knocked Out that sounds like almost sampled from another song, and it's driving me crazy. It's basically the repeat part of the title in the chorus: "When I geeet knocked dooown...", "If I geeet knocked oooouuut"...

I want to say it's like a... early 00's track, female lead, but I'm not entirely sure.

2. In the mid-to-late nighties I drove with young hip aunt to San Juan listening to house-y shit and techno and one song hat was engraved in my mind went like this:

mmmmbop ah -eah-eah mmmbop -AH-OH

it's not the Hanson song btw

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  3. I'm getting Michelle Branch "Everywhere" or something by Kelly Clarkson.

4. Bop!

5. OH MY FUCKING GOD. I have a 15 years typing these lyrics into google without any luck. THANKS BB

6. I don't see how it can't be this

7. It’s very close in style.

8. Joanie is secretly compiling the ultimate 'ALL WOMAN: Guitars' album here.

9. This is gonna sound so weird, but there's this music video with a woman in a kitchen tipping the cooking ingredients all over herself in this campy-ass way. Anyone know what song this is?

iheartpoptarts likes this.

10. No?

kalonite likes this.
  11. That's not it, unfortunately! I do love that video though.

Joanie likes this.
  12. Maybe?

Also a bop, in any event!

Pecans likes this.
  13. Unfortunately not. But I'm still saving that!

The video looked like it was from the 90s or 00s.

iheartpoptarts likes this.

14. OK this is probably not it, but still worth posting ddd

MM and Leopold like this.
    Vasilios likes this.
  16. Does anyone remember how The Box used to have paid-for adverts with independent/smaller/ropey artists having interviews and showing clips from their music videos?

I remember one with a potentially Egyptian (or Middle Eastern) artist. In the video she was running around a market somewhere where that looked like Cairo and was dancing in a courtyard too. The lyrics were along the lines of "you and I, it's paradise/take my hand, it's paradise". I think the initials of her name were S.S. It's been bugging me for about 15 years!

*edit*
    Ok so posting this helped me remember the singer's name.

Chantal Chamandy - 'You Want Me'

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Tribal Spaceman and Vasilios like this.
  17. mood:

elektricblue likes this.
  18. OK. This is a weird one. There was a song which I thought was called Ya Tad Pom by Billy someone but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. I think it was Summer 1999 that I heard it. Does anyone know what I’m talking about.

19. The song I'm looking for, it was a fun 'trashy' grindy sounding pop song that made you want to strip all your clothes off basically as soon as you hear it. Sadly I was in a supermarket at the time. It sounded a bit like if it were a Britney featuring Missy Elliott song circa 2004. So it features a female rapper as well I believe. It was something about hating men, well along those lines. I can't remember the lyrics. This has been driving me crazy because I remember it being so good! I'm kinda scared it won't be, over a decade later. But I have to know what it was!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.