What's That Song? | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Uno

Uno

Looking for a song that's mid-80s/early-90s. I think it's called Bounce Back but I've looked up that name on YouTube and only find Big Sean songs. It features the female singer dancing in the desert in a jean jacket. I think she has red or brown hair.

3. Uno

Uno

Amazing! What a tune. Shame it's nowhere to be found on Spotify/Apple Music.

4. I think it's an MCA release who are notorious for not uploading 80s stuff anywhere. Maybe one day.

Tribal Spaceman and Uno like this.
  5. I really can't conjure up any details of the song itself, but I recall seeing this music video on MTV. My memory is foggy now, but I believe it was a song by a (black-haired?) woman. The defining detail for me was that she was walking through some type of black tunnel; slight sewer teas. I take it none of this helps much, but I don't remember anything else.

Petit nain des Îles and Fantasy like this.
  6. This is the only thing which comes to mind:

Tune tbh.

*edit*
    Also this:

7. Or this? Three women (but one has black hair) and two men, but a definite sewer!

Fantasy and MadameX like this.
  8. It wouldn't be this bop by any chance?

9. That's what I thought too.

10. Even though I don't think it's any of them, they're both bops, I'm grateful for this.

Oh my, I think it is! Thank you!

Fantasy likes this.
  11. When someone mentions sewers and you don't immediately think Some Girls... gurl.

12. I heard an awesome poppers o'clock mix of Havana at 'the club' on the weekend, but can I find it? No.

Anyone?

13. Was it at XXL? They play their own.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  14. Okay so I have just about no recollection at all of what this song actually sounds like but it was by an aughts PJ fave a la Rachel Stevens (but not Rachel Stevens (or Willa Ford...)) and it was a fucking bop and a half. Very pop. Sexy white girl? I thought I found it in this thread initially but now I can't recover it. Sorry this is vague!

I think it was a first and last name, and I think they had 2 important songs...

Edit: STACIE ORRICO

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Island, ElectricPlatypus, Uno and 4 others like this.
  15. Stacie Orrico's Christianity is shaking at being called a sexy white girl.

Island, snoho, ibelieve and 11 others like this.
  16. I remember this song from when I was like maybe 2-3 years old or something
    It was on music channels when Allstar Teens' 2002 song Land Of Make Believe was on them, so it's around that time

It was a female song
    The music video had an invisible naked lady undressing and i think she took her panties off
    There may have been lipstick kisses in the mv too, but I'm not 100% sure
    Could have been in a science laboratory or something
    May have had a hook or lyrics like "ooh baby" and an electronic vocal kinda sound

It was kinda a freaky song/mv

blissteria likes this.
  17. My mind went to Kiss Kiss...

spillett likes this.
  18. I found it. It was this!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  19. Thought I might give this a shot because I've been looking for this song for literally years.

So, all I can remember of the song itself is that it was fairly downtempo and probably R&B, and it ended with a hook with two long "ahhhh" vocals with really distinct melodies repeated a few times.

The video (or what I think was the video) I remember a little better. From what I recall, it had three women with early-to-mid 00s-style clothes and hair singing the hook in a set with a similar colour scheme to the Push the Button video. I think I saw it around 2007 (and had heard the song on the radio before around the same time), but that doesn't necessarily mean the song is actually from that time.

20. Great song.

spillett likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.