What's That Song? | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Thank you so much! They’re so amazing.

The EP is amazing. Everything’s amazing.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    slaybellz likes this.
  2. 2014

2014 Moderator

Juce were fantastic!

slaybellz likes this.
  3. I found her name! Julia Jacklin. I was really off.

4. You know the "la, la la la" bit in "A Spaceman Came Travelling"

Anyone know where I might have heard that before, other than the Chris de Burgh original? Was it sampled in some random 2000s dance/europop song maybe? Google is not my friend.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  5. Did you check WhoSampled?

6. Yeah unfortunately none of those. It must have been something really random I downloaded off some dodgy website in 2002 or something, and subsequently lost in the Great MP3 Disaster Of 2008.

I don't recognise the title or the song - and I don't think I've ever heard the Chris de Burgh song. But the la, la la la melody is so familiar. I think it must've been ripped off for another song.

soratami likes this.
  7. There is this bonkers Eurodance version of the song too.

8. There‘s this one song I‘ve been searching for months and months now. It‘s quiet silly cause I don‘t really remembet a lot about it..
    I know it‘s a female singer and the chorus goes something like Ehhhh Ehhhh Ehhhh and that’s it actually haha that‘s all I know.
    I ofen hear it on the radio at work and I‘ve also heard it in other places but can‘t remember any of the lyrics and never managed to figure out the actual song/singer. The melody/the corus is quite big and sounds so familar.
    It‘s not Gaga‘s Eh, Eh.
    Thank‘s for the help!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  9. Thanks, it's not that though!

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  10. Is it this?

11. I’m guessing this probably isn’t what you’re going for, but just in case... in the clip you posted, that part seemed to me like it could have gone to school with “The Riddle” by Nik Kershaw/ later Gigi D’Agostino?

12. They are similar, but I don't think that's what I'm remembering. Thanks though

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  13. So the track finally came on again the other day, in my friend's car, it ended up being Becky G - Shower. I totally screwed the lyrics up but now I have my bop.

2014 likes this.
  14. No it‘s not that one unfortunately.
    The song has proper lyrics, the bit I remember is only the chorus I think. It must be quite a well known song since it‘s played on the radio every once in a while, it‘s also older than the song you‘ve posted, I really don‘t remember anything more about it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  15. Help. I can't remember what it was called.

- Tumblr-esque video
    - Blond white girl singing vaguely Soundcloud R&B/dream-pop
    - She has a weird name if I remember correctly?
    - Video of her aimlessly walking/posing around bodega in New York
    - Song specifically references how her man's favorite snack is "Peanut M&Ms"
    - I don't know why the song isn't called "Peanut M&Ms"

16. Dddd. Finally found it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. Is it, uh... Rihanna's Umbrella?

slaybellz likes this.
  18. Nope, I would‘ve recognized that right from the start. I really don‘t know the singer, if I ever find that song or someone else does I bet I‘ll be like how could I not know her, she probably has a bunch of other hits under her belt.

19. I heard a song earlier today that had a UK garage kind of sound (I might be wrong though, I only briefly heard part of it), female vocals and the lyric "maybe I just don't love you enough". Anyone have an idea what it is? I can't seem to find it by Googling the lyric.

20. 99% sure it's this:

soratami likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.