What's That Song? | Page 29 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Thank you! I stopped checking for the Ting Tings many years ago (well, it'd be more realistic to say I never checked for them to begin with), so it's suprising to see they still have some bops left in them.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  2. Their latest album is actually surprisingly brilliant so I'd recommend giving it a whirl too. Sucks that they finally made a competent barely full-length project after everyone had already forgotten about them.

Verandi, 2014, Vasilios and 1 other person like this.
  3. I've been watching a lot of the Australian Open.
    One thing driving me crazy is every time they have a break, this song starts. Anyone know who it is?

4. 2014

2014 Moderator

I can't hear it amazingly well but it sounds a bit like this

5. Hi,

Can anyone identify this 80s sounding pop song? (got an audio sample below)

It sounds quite 80s to me, seems a fairly popular song that I have heard before, but the lyrics in this short sample are hard to hear & leave me with little to go off.

Link to song (Google Drive)

6. That sounds like the YMCA? By the Village People.

7. Hmm it does sound very similar (particularly that drum beat part - sounds like this part of YMCA).

I'm not sure if it's exactly it though? I can't quite find a part in YMCA that fully matches the original sample I heard.

To me, the original sample seems to have the lyrics that are something like;
    "...baybyyy, ooh...ahh... my... lovvve"

8. I've had this song in my head for literal years, since I was a child, but I've never been able to track it down. I've quite sure that I saw the music video on a music channel back in the day, and that's where it's stuck in my head from.

It was an upbeat song, somewhat All About That Bass tempo-wise, and all I remember is a deep male voice saying "Who's your daddy?" three times, but almost in a stylised way like " who's your daah-dee", and then a high female voice replying "You are, baby!" as the chorus. I've searched over the years but all I ever come up with is a song by Benny Benassi of the same (presumed) title, which isn't the song I'm looking for. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

9. This perhaps?

10. Not this, unfortunately. It was poppier and not by a major artist, as far as I know. Thank you for the suggestion though!

11. Have you tried Brazzers.

12. Are you seeking Love Bug - “Who’s The Daddy”? Video on random website ahoy:
    https://www.iqiyi.com/adv/v_19rran91dg.html

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  13. My god, this is it! You're amazing, thank you so much!

And good fortune it's been found too, because I almost had to try this.

14. That Who's The Daddy song was on a pretty high profile advert back in the day, I'm sure.

Pure Shores likes this.
  15. I have a song stuck in my head for a while now. All I remember is the part of a chorus, or perhaps of middle 8, where a female singer sings "with you, with you, with you, with you" each "with you" higher and higher. For some reason I thought it was BENI, due to similar voice in my memory, but I've checked all her songs and nothig matches. Maybe it's one of her covers, though...

16. I guess it's not very likely, but is it this?

evilsin likes this.
  17. BOP! But no, not Jessica.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    soratami likes this.
  18. Mariah?

evilsin likes this.
  19. That was my initial thought, but no.

I'm afraid it can be someone Japanese who sang most of the song in English. Guess I'll have to look through BENI's disco once again. Thanks for the suggestions though, guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.