What's That Song? | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. 2014

2014 Moderator

this?

evilsin likes this.
  2. Hmm, thank you, but it's not it. I remember the song being more of a R'n'B/Pop blend without much electronic envolvement.

3. Possibly this?

evilsin likes this.
  4. This is... eerily similar to what I have in mind, but it's the first time I've heard this song. Thank you though.

Silver Lining likes this.
  5. I’m searching for a song I found on Spotify a few weeks back, on a new music playlist, but can’t find it anywhere now!

The nearest comparison lyric wise would be MKTO - Classic, where they list out other artists/genres, nodding to different music eras... It sounded more rnb than Classic though. And was a male solo by the sounds of it. It’s driving me mad. Any help much appreciated!

6. I've asked this on Twitter and searched the internet to no avail - does anyone remember a super wholesome video of 2 guys dancing on a street that went viral a while ago, and it had a cool hip hop/r&b ish song as the backing track, kinda old-school vibe? I want to find the video and the song so bad.

I *THINK* the song had the lyrics 'through any weather', but I googled those lyrics and still no luck :(

7. Nope unfortunately not, but thanks.
    The song was more hip-hop/r&b ish than the one in that video. Ugh it's driving me mad.

8. I FOUND IT. Breakbot - Baby I'm Yours. Turns out it was more electro-ish than I remembered

9. Not looking for a song or artist, but can you all help a gay out? I need some suggestions of artists like Rina Sawayama. I mean, asian female artists, Pop/R&B/90’s/00’s bops, corean/japanese/english vocals etc.

10. BoA, immi, Utada Hikaru, Alice Vicious, Lee Hyori, Park Ji-yoon, Reol, Hoody, etc. Note that most of these artists have extensive discographies!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  11. I believe Utada would be the closest to Rina's sounds, although she's pretty unique herself.

12. This maybe?

There's also a thread for similar artist suggestions:
    https://forum.popjustice.com/threads/if-i-like.68089/

13. Thanks everyone. I will give a listen to these artists. You guys are amazing!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. My friend was singing a song the other day with the lyrics “sexy girl, sexy boy” or something and I can’t remember for the life of me what it was but I remember recognising it, and thinking it was similar to SOPHIE’s Vyzee. HELP!

15. Can't think what song this is for the life of me.
    I have a partial lyric (i'm paraphrasing) which is like 'caught on a train going off the track'.
    I think it's pop/r&b by a black female, probably less than 10 years old.

16. Literally seconds after I hit send, someone got back to me.
    It was Nicole Scherzinger - Don't Hold Your Breath.

17. Is it this?

elektricblue likes this.
  18. That actually sounds like Grow Till Tall by Jonsi.

evilsin likes this.

19. Could just be a very generic melody but, the opening 'Do you ever feel like a misfit...' part sounds so familiar.
    Any ideas of what it could be reminding me of?
    It's not Anastacia, Zendaya - Something To Dance For or Christina Aguilera - Feel This Moment by the way - just because I know some people pointed out similarities with those songs too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.