What's That Song? | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. So earlier today I suddenly thought about a song that I haven’t thought about in years but it must have come out sometime in the early ‘00s when I was just a kid. I remember watching the music video on MTV and loving the song and video at the time.

Ok, so what I remember about the video was this female singer (American?) with an Afro lying on a bed that was spinning around. And she was singing something like ‘oh baby, baby’. And she was white not black.

It had this really cool vibe about it but I can’t remember anything other than small parts of the video and chorus so I have no idea how I would go about finding any trace of it on the Internet.

Sorry for my really random description but any help at this point would be very much appreciated!!

Ta very much. X

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. Is it this?

3. OMG YES!!! Thank you soooooo much!!

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    backstreetjoe likes this.
  4. Her name’s Rhianna. Ha!

slaybellz and backstreetjoe like this.
  5. You're welcome. Her album was pretty good. Shame she flopped.

Meathook and lehnw01 like this.
  6. Thanks, I’ll have to check it out.

7. Ok, popjustice, I need your help, a friend just sent me this and it's stumped me

It rings a bell but I can't pin it down. Anyone??

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  8. 2014

2014 Moderator

A banger!!

lehnw01 likes this.
  9. Oh heyyyyyy, I think I know the dick song!

10. 2014

2014 Moderator

Goodness I just heard a song in the toilet of this bar I'm at and the chorus kept repeating 'I've given up/I'm giving up' and it was a female voice and it sounded very 80's pop, catchy a bit like Carly meets Aly & AJ so perfect for me but can anyone help me find it? Sounds pretty recent too!

11. This is my best guess!

slaybellz likes this.
  12. So in the gym changing room there was a fairly backgroundy pop-rock song playing that launched into a pretty big chorus.

Sadly the volume was low but I'm pretty sure the lyrics were a very generic "Who's going to take care of my heart" / "...take care of me now?" or something similar. It initially sounded like Amy MacDonald until the choruses, where the vocal was much beyond what she's capable of.

13. 2014

2014 Moderator

no it's not this one but this is a jam! Thanks xx

14. Keeping the Dream Alive?

15. No it‘s not that one unfortunately but thank‘s for introducing me to it, I really like it :)

@mguyb t‘s also not Keeping the Dream Alive by Freiheit. It was only one male singer and a female singer/backing vocals in some parts, I‘d say it‘s a 90‘s track with a R&B influence.

Madame X likes this.
  16. Uno

Uno

Anyone can help on what song this is?

17. I must be missing something here because that has no sound for me.

18. Is there a song out at the moment that sounds like it's sampling the Wii Sports theme song?

19. There's been quite a few songs released in the last couple years that have sounded like this so probably gonna have to be more specific.

20. "A song out at the moment" is about as specific as I can get.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.