What's That Song? | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. There was one in last week's NMF, or the one before. Maybe it was the Popjustice one.

2. I was at a family barbecue today and I heard this 70's disco song with prominent strings (or some other non synth instrument). The vocals were feminine. I think I heard "strong enough" and "weak" in the chorus. It was definitely not Cher. I recognized it as I heard it so I think it's a big pop song instead of something obscure.

3. All I could think of, but doesn't include the word weak:

4. Radio 1 played a quirky dance track around 6 PM today. I wondered if it was Lizzo but hadn’t heard it before and it was quite heavily influenced by Deee-Lite and Betty Boo.

Any ideas?

5. 2014

2014 Moderator

I've just looked on their website and was it this?

I'd be v. surprised if you didn't know it already though

mcuk likes this.
  6. That’s it and I love it. Shoulda known it was Missy-Moo. Queen.

2014 likes this.

7. FOUND!

Is it this?

mcuk likes this.
  8. I heard a song I really liked in a coffee shop yesterday and made a note to mention it here. Now I can't remember anything about it. So annoying.

9. At a spin class the past few weeks there has been a dance track with a piano (ish) beat to it. No lyrics. I really need to ask what it is!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.