What's That Song? | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Song by a pop girl where she screams 'This is your punishment' at one point?
    That part alone in my head but I just can't figure out what it is.
    I know it's going to be something super obvious.

2. Gwen Stefani's Red Flag?

3. Yes! Thank you.
    I literally listened to it the other day, that must be how I got it in my head.
    One of my most played songs of hers.

evilsin likes this.
  4. This happens to me all the time, when I remember I wanted to listen to someone's album, then I do it and after a couple of days of listening to something else a random moment from one of the songs from that album start to wander into my mind.

Rainbow Road and Butterfly like this.
  5. I know this is probably a really easy one but I can't for the life of me work out what song it is...

I'm sure there's a song from the 80s (probably quite a cheesy one actually) that uses the same refrain that is throughout Roisin Murphy's 'Cry Baby' and Scissor Sister's 'Filthy Gorgeous'. The only way I can describe it is that it sounds a bit like the noise a laser gun might make on a games machine...

Heard here first at 1.35:

And here at 3.18:

I know that I'll know what it is as soon as I hear it, but I just need reminding. Thank you!

6. Panic over. I've worked it out:

neonpanda and Verandi like this.
  7. So I've had this song stuck in my head. It was released by a DJ in the early-to-mid 00s and featured a male vocalist. The chorus was something along the lines of "I'm just going to keep on loving you, baby" with an additional "Do do do do" hook. The music video was either animated or featured puppets.

8. This is probably a late 70's - early to mid 80's song that sounds a bit like The Romantics' "Talking In Your Sleep" but there is a male vocalist that reminded me a bit of Sting going on about either "keep on, keep on, keep on" or "give up, give up, give up". Any guesses?

9. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

I've never solved one before!

elektroxx likes this.
  10. Yes, this is it. Thank you so much!

SockMonkey likes this.
  11. This is for @Vasilios, a while ago you posted a bop by a Swedish girl with ‘clap’ in the title (I think?), and it sampled a popular ‘90s song. I’m trying to find it again to no avail.

12. YAAAAAAAAS

BOP

Minorkey likes this.
  13. I've had the lyrics 'we had something that never happened' or something of that nature in my head the past few days, can anyone jog my memory?

15. How did I not realise it was that? Thanks so much.

slaybellz and OspreyQueen like this.
  16. Anyone know what the song is that's used in the background for Sum Ting Wong's segment? Starts around 6:30

17. Just started watching My House. Does anyone know the music used for the opening credits?

18. Can someone please help me with this music video? I’ve been trying to recall what it was for years.

From memory it was out around 1997/1998. I think it was a dance track something like Dario G sunchyme and I think the music video was shot in the desert. The only part I really remember is there were different tribes of people and when they all ran and integrated with each other they all held up a different colour sheet and from a birds eye view they made a face (it may have even been a winky face)

I remember seeing it a couple of times so it may have been a minor hit. Please help!

Eel_Ssab likes this.
  20. elektroxx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.