What's That Song? | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. I couldn’t be more thrilled to see Lizzo at #1. She’s been the most exciting & refreshing star we have had in a while. After such killer performances these past couple months I think we have a real superstar in our midst.

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Cute but wrong thread maybe??

thequinntessential likes this.
  3. Crap. Sorry! Using PJ on my phone never bodes well

2014 likes this.
  4. LP

LP

Does anyone remember a song that was a free download on PJ around 2005ish. Im pretty sure it was written/produced by Steve Anderson. The opening lyrics were " Cold light ¿streaming? Through my window". It was a mid tempo electro bop with synths and a female vocalist and was very Kylie.

5. @Popjustice

LP likes this.
  6. It's a cover of Blondie's Call Me I heard in a store but by the time I got the shazam it was over. It was sung by a woman and she was kinda whispering on the chorus.

7. Hi! So I'm looking for a recent-sounding (as in sometime this decade but might be brandnew) uptempo pop song by a female vocalist with hard-hitting synths (the opening is akin to Gaga's applause) where the chorus goes "everytime i close my eyes" or "everytime we say goodbye". There's a bit before the chorus that consists of an "oh-oh" followed by quickly sung 6 or 7 syllables which repeats twice, the rest of the lyrics I can't remember.

I've searched genius, lyrics, discogs, google, a number of syntyhpop/electropop Spotify playlists with no luck, please help me.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  8. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Maybe? Half of Nouvelle Vague with Skye from Morcheeba on vocals.

Bruno Ferreira likes this.
  9. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

It sounds like the old British Airways advert rather than a music video...

Patriku likes this.
  10. That's the one!! Thank you

SockMonkey likes this.
  11. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Yaaaay!

12. So... my father showed me the video below because he thought it was funny, but I'm actually interested in figuring out which song is playing. Soundhound didn't work for me and I don't have Shazam downloaded.

I can't even figure out the language, is it arabic??? it kinda sounds like it but it doesn't as well.

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Shazam doesn't have it either.

Ana Raquel likes this.
  14. I'm having a breakdown.

It's a song that sounds VERY similar to Tame Impala, vocals wise. The chorus repeats the same line over and over but I'm having a mindblock to what song or even band it could be?!

15. I know a song that samples this (or shares a sample with it) - it shares the instrumental riff at the start.
    All I can say is it's definitely by a female artist, but I'm sure it won't be anyone too obscure.

EDIT: It was Elastic Love by Christina Aguilera.

16. Who’s that gay Latinx (?) country singer??

17. Do you mean Orville Peck? He's not Latinx, but I'm not sure who else you might mean.

Saycsar Fleurima likes this.
  18. Yes that’s him! Oh idk why I was under the impression he was.

19. Eeek that’s awful!

20. Yes - but it was released as a single I think. I’m sure I had the cd

Ahh it was Luminaire - Flower Duet

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.