What's That Song? | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Ok i've been looking for this song for years. All I remember is that she sounded like a little kid, black artist. I think it was between 2005-2007. She's definitely a one hit wonder.

2014 likes this.
  3. I love this song, but this is not it. It's more of hip-hop/rnb sound.

4. Could it be this?

5. Nope, she had short hair in the video. I think it featured a rapper, i'm not quite sure as it's been so long. It was also a bop, not a slow song.

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

???

7. Not this one i'm afraid. She sounds like a little kid. I was surprised to find out she was a grown woman when the video came on.

8. @AcerBenII

9. So I’m looking for a song from a black female artist who I’m sure was Spotify suggested because of similarities with Tinashe. The song is off an album that may or may not have had ‘Winter’ in the title, and I’m sure it was like a volume 1/2/3 among other albums with the same name (and different volume obviously). The one lyric I have in my head is “fresh(?) off martinis in this club”.

Edit: It was Tink - Aquafina!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  10. An old one (circa 1997/98) heard in an episode of Coronation Street from back in the day (5:35 in the clip below)

Pop/dance track with female vocal. Lyrics include “Move over, there’s gotta be a better way” and possibly “Life changes”. It’s doing my head in trying to work out who/what it is. Sounds a bit Dina Carroll-ish when she was doing that kinda stuff.

11. It's this!

Doodvid likes this.
  12. Thanks!

13. Oh God, please someone help... I have this line from a song. It's dancy and it's a woman singing it and I think the hook goes into something like 'and I can't deny this feeling insiiiiiiiddeeee' or 'that no one can dennyyyyyy'.

Gah, I don't even know the lyrics. In my head it sounds very Jess Glynne-y, but I don't know if it is her or not. Anyone got any ideas?

14. ?

Vasilios likes this.
  15. Yes. Thank you. You know, I posted this just before I went to the gym and what was the first song I heard as I stepped inside? I actually know this song, I guess I was just having a brain fart.

OspreyQueen likes this.
  16. I posted this in the Freemasons thread, too. Hopefully someone can help me. It's a real deep cut.

I'm trying to remember this song produced by James from the Freemasons. He tried to launch this new female singer years ago and I remember PJ writing about her debut single. It sounded like a 007-theme song.

I remember the artwork being in black and white too.

17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Probs completely wrong but came straight into my head and deserves to be shared anyway

[​IMG]

18. Not this one, but yes, absolutely deserves to be shared

19. Maybe someone can help. It's a recent song that has a drop after the chorus that is followed by a choppy saxophone-y break. The melody is pretty clear in my head, but I can't place my finger on it.

20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

So there was a song playing just as I walked into a gig last night and I know I recognised it but I just can't find it anywhere?? It's recent and sung by a woman (maybe a group) and repeatedly mentions 'somebody, somebody, somebody, somebody' in the chorus. Pretty indie I'm sure. It's super catchy too! Please help xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.