What's That Song? | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. I’m trying to identify a song I heard while grocery shopping. The store definitely had a ‘90s playlist on, and the song sounded like typical ‘90s Lilith Fair-era midtempo radio alt-rock a la Sheryl Crow/Natalie Imbruglia. The chorus goes something like “you can’t hiiiiiide from this, you can’t ruuuuunn away from this.”

2. The melody reminds me of the bridge in Show Me Love by Robyn

3. Well, Des'ree did sue Janet over Got Til It's Gone supposedly ripping off Feel So High, could it be that?

POPGASM likes this.
  4. ADM

ADM

I feel like this is a Frank Ocean song or similar, or a break on Beyonce song. Along those lines, but it's a male singer (I'm almost sure) melancholically singing 'waves crashing down on..', then I feel like it goes into a rise like the piano bit before 'Nothing else ever seem to hurt like the smile on your face' in Beyonces Sandcastles.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

6. Sounds like it could be Natalie Imbruglia's 'Smoke'?

7. I can recite that song by heart so sadly no.

8. I heard a great song on the latest episode of "Awkwafina is Nora from Queens" when she's in China but Shazam didn't bring anything up. Sad face.

9. Okay, so I'm looking for a 3LW track. I don't remember much about it, besides that I don't think that it was officially released, but it'd definitely leaked and was widely available and the instrumental was repurposed for another artist. And for some reason, I'm remembering the artist that officially released the track was a Big Pop Girl, but I might've made up that detail.

10. They had a song called Hate Ass Chick and then the instrumental was given to Kelis Blindfold Me?

elektroxx likes this.
  11. Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

TRAVVV and JORDAN like this.
  12. Total long song.

I have a song been in my head for weeks now, it’s a dance track from late 90s early 00s.

I only remember the chorus - it’s driving me crazy.

“I don’t care about you, get out, get out, I don’t care about you get out of my life”

13. Not actually a song, but I'm trying to remember this, I think late-00s, gay singer-songwriter. He was an independent artist, probably from the US, who I'm pretty sure never made any impact on any chart, he had short brown hair, and his music was pretty standard singer-songwriter stuff, though I can't remember any of the songs in specific. Anyone have any idea who it might be? I'm pretty sure I must have originally found out about him here.

14. Sufjan Stevens?

15. No, it was definitely not a big/easily recognisable name at all.

16. Kristian Leontiou?

soratami likes this.
  17. Nah, but thanks. I'm pretty sure he was American, or if not then Canadian or British.

18. I'm looking for a "rock" song from the 00's, the band who sang it was probably a one hit wonder and the video was shot in a mall.

19. Dan Croll? Dan Black? Someone not called Dan at all?!

soratami likes this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

First thing that came to mind

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.