What's That Song? | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. I've been trying to think of this dance song from around 2006-ish, used to see the video on BPM all the time. I remember it having a guy who was just really walking down the street/sidewalk, I think he was wearing a yellow t-shirt. The lyrics were something like: "it's gonna be a happy day" or "sunny day" or something like that. I remember it being fairly popular.

2. Except it fucking has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Scandipop blonde artiste
    • With a Scandiname
    • Jean(s-y?) jacket
    • Sunglasses
    • Looking down at us
    • Summery tropibop tune
    • Recent-ish (video came out March this year)
    • Diving underwater
    • Swimming pool
    • Did I mention blonde?
    • Indie
    • Gratuitous feature ("feat Hoodboi")

Thank you so much! Legend!

Runawaywithme, stuaw, Blayke and 25 others like this.
  3. ?

4. That Fred Falke one drove me mad for years! I knew it had a sample from The Jets 'Crush on you' (the ahhh ahhh is a backing vocal sample from it) so I used that as a google search but nothing. Eventually found it by pure luck on a Hed Kandi CD. Similarily, 'Intro' by the XX was another one that drove me mad for years trying to find.

5. This is probably a long shot but I really want to know what song these x factor girls are dancing to. Tried shazaming it with no luck. It's been bothering me for like a year.

6. It's Flex by Rich Homie Quan, but it sounds like somebody doing a remix of it.

slaybellz likes this.
    slaybellz likes this.
    BeingNormal and neinzedd like this.
  9. Not Mika. This wasn't by a well-known artist, but, I believe it was a big dance hit. I think the background of the video may have been animated? The guy had curly (slightly poofy) hair.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  10. Omg thank you! This is officially my new favourite thread.

11. This is what im looking for ! Thank you very much !

12. *MIKA - Happy Ending plays*

Leopold and 2014 like this.
  13. Happy to help!

Here's my mystery - a female-sung, ethereal, synthy/electronic track from late 2008. Not Robyn but has that melancholic feel of "With Every Heartbeat" et al. Heard it playing in River Island during the post-Christmas sales period (December of that year) but couldn't remember the lyrics by the time I got home - it's been bothering me ever since.

I've half a mind to ring up River Island head office and ask if they keep records of their old in-store playlists...

14. Pro-tip for finding songs: if you can remember any lyrics, even certain fragmented words go to Genius and put those words into their search bar. The functionality of it is actually great, and every song with those words should come up pretty easily.

15. Possibly one of the other female fronted songs Kleerup did for his 2008 album?
    Until We Bleed
    Longing for Lullabies
    Forever
    3am
    History

2014 and Sprockrooster like this.

16. The song starts at :20, when she gets out of the car. It sounds like Madonna's vocals, but could never identify the song. Maybe it's an unreleased Madonna/Oakenfold track?

17. Holy shit that's a bop.

19. This gold plated bop?

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  20. AAAAH! YES! Thank so much for reminding of this! <3 It's funny how off I was on the lyrics though LOL.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.