What's That Song? | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Thank you!!!

2. The 'Ay ay ah ah' in Zara's Love Me Land reminds me of a Nelly Furtado song but I can't remember which.

It will be a big single since I don't know much of her work.

3. This, perhaps?

4. I think it's the 'Hey' part in Big Hoops I'm thinking of.

This song bops though, I need to finally get into that album.

5. I'm getting Kelis - Milkshake from Love Me Land.

6. Kissing Game - Netflix - opening song?

7. I think it's: Letrux - Vamos Ser O Caos.

etienne likes this.
  8. Are you thinking of this?

I only recently discovered it on Spotify, and I've become obsessed.

It was released in 2004, the singer & video match your descriptions, and she sings about a "rose of the vase".

9. I have the CD of this album. Quality.

No hay banda likes this.
  10. Trying to think of a song which was played quite often on MTV Europe, so I assume she’s a European artist.

Blonde female solo artist, Mandy Moore In My Pocket/Middle Eastern twinge vibes but firmly pop music, mid 2000’s (??). I can’t remember the lyrics but there were a lot of Na Na Na’s in there which has made Googling it difficult!

Any ideas!? I know I’m going to kick myself

11. Is anyone able to help me identify a song that came out this year by a female indie-ish singer that has a sunflower (I think) on the single/album art? It’s a slow-ish song. Merci!

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This?

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.
  13. That’s not it @2014 but thanks! I’m thinking now maybe it’s not a sunflower but the colour scheme is definitely yellow/bit green and there’s maybe a woman standing there?

2014 and aux like this.
  15. Seriously though, maybe it's something from this album?

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.
  16. I've been trying to find this one for a while now.

Late 2000s, basic pop girl wannabe. Aired on the american MTV Hits back in the day.

The song is very summery and the girl has a scale in which she judges men and I remember a verse like "If you're a 9 might get my number" and another one like "from 1 to 10 you're like a zero".
    Blond girl in the music video, wearing a bikini at the beach.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  17. Okay here is something that's been bugging me for decades. A mid to late '90s Eurodance riff that I remember from my childhood eluding me. It's one of those chunky Alice Deejay-style sax synth riffs. I did look up all the big Eurodance hits at the time but nothing matched. I know nothing about music theory but here's the melody played by ear, sorry if it sounds embarassingly rudimentary. I hope someone can help me place this. I need this mystery solved so I can move on with my life haha.

https://onlinesequencer.net/1583089

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    iheartpoptarts likes this.
  18. Made me think of this:

19. A classic but not it i’m afraid, the synths here are more ‘80s Eurythmics-esque.

Holly Something likes this.
  20. sounds like it could be this

saviodxl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.