What's That Song? | Page 44 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. OH MY GOD! On my "thank you for your pop knowledge" scale you're a 10!

2. Sounds like possibly this?

Crisp X likes this.
  3. Hmmm that chord progression sounds very similar indeed! The one from my memory was just some sort of instrumental jingle so I always assumed it was a drop without vocals, but I looked up the instrumental and it sounds quite similar (but I guess stuff from that era tends to sound samey). I'm not 100% confident this is the one, but it may very well be, thank you.

iheartpoptarts likes this.

4. The production is reminding me of something (the sample looping throughout).

5. I seem to remember there being a song that sounded like Wiley's "Wearing My Rolex" by another British grime rapper that came out around the same time. Do any of y'all remember it?

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Don’t know if it is the one but Ghetts Sing 4 Me always sounded similar to me and think it was released around a similar time?? Can’t YouTube link at the moment sorry!!

7. Reminds me of Hello by Martin Solveig feat dragonette

8. Could it be Kano?
    I still bop to the Vandalism remix of this...

9. Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, it's neither of these. And it's also not Skepta's "Rolex Sweep."

11. Honestly, it reminded me of this

12. Does anyone know the name of the song that is playing in the background of the new Love Island USA trailer on ITV?

13. The fact that I still haven't found this evil, evil song and all my attempts at Googling the lyrics always lead to 0 accurate results nn

14. Sorry if this has been asked before, but today at work I heard this song, fairly up-tempo, with a female vocal kind of just speaking the lyrics, and the refrain just went "Ibiza"...Missed pretty much of the rest because of an annoying customer...Thanks!

15. Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  16. I'm thinking of a song by an Australian dance producer (I assume) and sung by wispy Australian chanteuse. It came out in the mid-to-late 2010s. And the chorus was something along the lines of "make it solid gold."

17. Is it this?

elektroxx likes this.
  18. Oh my God. Thank you so much. I've been looking for this for hours! This came out a lot earlier than I thought.

soratami likes this.
  19. Finally heard it again, a short while ago and with the help of Siri managed to catch it and I would’ve never guessed who it is in the end..

She‘s a quite well know Swiss singer, who got discovered about 12 years ago by wining a singing competition on German television. I guess nobody really knows or ever heard about her on here? I‘m not really into her music but she has some good stuff and some pretty decent songs aswell.

20. What does the first line's melody in this remind you of? It's so familiar it's annoying... probably some boyband/male solo act single from the '00s.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.