What's That Song? | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Thank you. It was actually Breathe Freely by Bermuda Triangle. Turns out the version of it on Spotify has a slight different intro without the cassette tape sound effect

2. Yessss! Thank you, angel.

3. Trying to remember the name of a song from maybe 2002-2004. It was a duo of women. The music video had them rolling around and singing on top of shirtless men.

My hazy recollection says some lyrics were something like: “living it up, living it up, let me do my thing”. But Google has been no help nn

4. Looking for a song by a mixed-gender UK group that never took off. From around 2011/12.
    The video has them all dancing(?) in like... an empty black warehouse of some kind.

I remember I found it once on YouTube and the comments mentioned them visiting schools.

5. EverYoung?

Butterfly likes this.
  6. Nope, definitely older as I remember watching it somewhere I haven't been since 2013 at the latest.
    All I can say is it was boppier than this, definitely not acoustic.

Scream @ the UK high school tour being a widely used promotional tactic though. I wonder if it ever worked for anyone.

elektroxx likes this.
  7. Could it be Boom! ? It’s from 2000 though so maybe too early.

Captivated likes this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This one???

Mvnl, Butterfly and Bookwormboy like this.
  9. Yes! A bop.

2014 likes this.
  10. An underrated classic

Butterfly likes this.
  11. ADM

ADM

What’s the song with a man singing in potentially the intro but it’s a female lead. He sings “we kissing in public, you like it I love it” or along those lines..

Is there a “you could be my lover, I could be your love” kind of sample like Little Mix Mr Loverboy?

help. It hurts.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

??

Bookwormboy and soratami like this.
  13. ADM

ADM

Nope. Thanks for the help, but no.

it’s a male feature of a female song I’m almost sure. I thought it was Alina Baraz but maybe not. It’s something current I think!

EDIT!: Who’d have thought a search on a lyric site would find it. It’s The Distance.

The Mr Loverboy part I heard was the cheer at the start.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Vasilios likes this.
  14. B*witched, Billie Piper, Cleopatra even US acts like Backstreet Boys etc all did UK school tours so it did work at some point (of course the songs were bops and also had Box support etc too).

elektroxx and Butterfly like this.
  15. Not forgetting this incredible lost follow-up..

Bookwormboy likes this.
  16. I almost had to post this in here again to ask what it rips off, but it came to me.

It's a shame they didn't have more success going by these two songs, surprisingly good quality.

17. It also reminds me a little of Deuce - Call It Love.

It's my holy grail.. I need a copy of it! Might have to track down the 6 members on social media and ask them all!

Captivated and Bookwormboy like this.
  18. "Stranger to Love " by Ace Of Base is my ultimate 90s song!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.