What's That Song? | Page 50 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. It’s pop/opera I think slightly before Charlotte Church Brave New World maybe Icelandic ?

2. Very vague description but I'm looking for a female R&B song where she ad-libs 'heeeeeee' a lot. Assuming it's not super recent.

3. This?

Leopold likes this.
  4. No, I love this classic!

It sounded like it was older than 2009, or at least emulating an older style.

5. Wait at this amazing guess though.

6. I've heard it in the gym several times, the people who work at the gym are being less than helpful, and Shazam isn't detecting it.

It's a male vocal, dancey, choir backing, the lyrics in the chorus are something like: "Baby! Let's get together! And show the world.. (?) around the wooorld!"

...anyone?

7. Looking for a recent song. Lots of "I wanna be dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing," maybe a mention of moonlight. Google turns up nothing but Toploader and Whitney. There's an interlude/bridge type spoken word, female vocal, English accent, basically saying "I spotted him across the room and thought all I wanted was to dance."

8. This reminds me of the video for “Dream On” by Robyn and Christian Falk, but I’m not sure it fits your other criteria.

9. Ok, so i'm looking for an house song sang by a male, lyrics included something along the lines of "you're my remedy" and "thank for being my ... star".

Liberty likes this.
  11. It's not this one, but thanks for making me discover this bop!

12. Yeah - mid ‘00s uk vocal house -
    *chefs kiss*

Liberty likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

So I heard Ed Sheeran's Sing today and my head went "I'll give you anything you want anything you need" during the chorus but Ed didn't, so I figure it's just from a song that sounds a lot like it?
    Anyone got a clue?

14. This perhaps?

15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Nope. It definitely got a lot more of that Sing-beat. Possibly someone like Justin Timberlake?

16. Love Guaranteed by Damage?

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Nope, it really has the exact rhythm and tempo of Ed Sheeran's Sing

18. I'm trying to find a grunge-rock song, most likely from the 90s, very L7/Hole in sound. I didn't Shazam it from the radio in time and it's driving me nuts because I'm sure it was fairly ubiquitous upon release and I should know it. There's a post-chorus that repeats "He's gone awaaay, he's gone awaaay-aaay". Or something similar. Any help would be wildly appreciated xx

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  19. Sounds like the end of this one to me?

Leader Beans likes this.
  20. Yes, this is it!! I completely forgot about The Distillers but wow what a moment this was. Thank you!

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.