What's That Song? | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. I found it. How did I forget that it was Laurel's "Scream Drive Faster"?

2014 likes this.
  2. I'm looking for a song released in late 80's early 90's by a black singer, probably a one-hit wonder. The cover art of the single featured a shot of her with short hair. The cover also had a brown filter. It wasn't Tracy Chapman.

3. This is an odd request but I figured this thread was the best place to ask: can anyone ID either of these two album covers?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. The first one is Sailin by Kim Carnes

Butterfly likes this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The 2nd is Linda Ronstadt's self titled!

Butterfly likes this.
  6. What kind of 'cheating at an online music quiz' is going on here?

7. Thanks so much!

Fff I didn’t really know how to explain - I just saw a photo of some place with records on the walls on Twitter and was randomly drawn to those & wanted to listen but had no way of knowing how!

8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

@Solenciennes bring your PJ Quiz back!!!

Solenciennes likes this.
  9. All that’s coming to mind for me is this (which is 1994/5)
    [​IMG]

10. Okay... So I was having lunch Friday and heard a song but my Shazam did not work... The app had deleted on my iPhone eek. And I have no more idea how the song went ":("

So when it was downloaded the song was already over.

I just know that 23 by Sam Hunt and Everything by Son Mieux were played in the same time I was there.
    But I can't find a playlist with both songs on them?

I listened to Stay Tuned! playlist already but did not hear the song in that.

11. Was at the club the other night and a song/music video played that grabbed my attention, but sadly couldn't identify any lyrics to look up later.

The artist was an Asian-American or Asian-British female soloist, not Hayley Kiyoko, not Rina, not beabadoobee. Music video involved her riding on a horse down by an industrial waterfront(?) at night. Seemed like a recent release but hard to pin down specifically. It feels like kind of a long shot but does this ring bells for anyone?

Holly Something, 2014 and collxtion like this.
  13. Yes! Amazing, thank you so much.

14. I remember reading very recently about a new song (or snippet?) that sounded like a darker LMK or something along those lines. I tried tracing back what it was but couldn't, maybe I dreamt it?

16. THANK YOU, it was driving me mental

elektroxx likes this.
  17. I'm looking for a song with a female vocal that may or may not be Dua, although I'm currently leaning towards it not being Dua, but the vocal sounds like Dua. It's mid-tempo. And its chorus goes roughly like "I count to three. Open my eyes. Touch you there. See you rise. Baby your love makes me scream," although I may have misheard some of the lyrics. I'm also assuming that it's a recent release. Help.

18. K94

K94

Maybe

19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Don’t recognise the lyrics but Madison Beer sounds Dua-lite to me so try some of her stuff?? x

elektroxx likes this.
  20. Heard this vibey electropop bop yesterday that sounded kinda reminiscent of something Katy B would do. I couldn't hear the lyrics clearly, but I think the chorus went something like "love me on the right side". I'm pretty sure those weren't the actual lyrics, but it was something along those lines. I know this is pretty vague, but does anyone have a clue what it might be?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.