What's That Song? | Page 53 | The Popjustice Forum

What's That Song?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Leopold, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

There’s a song I’ve had in my head for literal years. It’s from the early 2000s and had a bit of a midtempo almost ballad like R&B/Pop vibe. I think it’s a female vocal.

The lyrics go something like this:

maybe it’s ____
    maybe it’s make believe
    maybe it’s hard to say (?)
    these words, you were meant for me(?)

Something like that. Maybe could also be “baby”. I only clearly remember the make believe lyric.

soratami likes this.
  2. I'm pretty sure I know this song, I can definitely hear the chorus, but I can't remember what it is either. Hopefully someone will be able to figure it out, now I want to know too.

Mvnl likes this.
  3. Does this song exist or have I made it up.

90s. Novelty.

Female/s: "we're goin OUT!"
    Male: "on Brighton Beach/Manchester/some other places"
    Female: "half past nine and we're havin a good time"

...?

4. Younger Younger 28s - We’re Going Out

“Lipstick, cigarettes, packet o’ free.” Chooon!

5. The instrumental of this really reminds me of another song (not K-Pop). It's a song I like so it's by a woman, presumably in the last ~8 years.

7. Looking for a song that I'm pretty sure was entered in PJSC before. From 2017 or 2018.
    Female vocals, but the woman is the featured artist, so probably the main artist is a producer/dj/something like that.
    The lyrics in the chorus contain "she's a bad girl ayayayaya". Pretty dance-y, bouncy beat.
    If I remember the video correctly, the woman has dark blond hair and hair buns.

8. I'm still at a loss on this and I know the song must be semi-popular with people on here.

9. Probably not but it reminds me a bit of Tennis Court by Lorde.

10. The first thing I thought of was this but honestly I'm probably wrong:

11. Neither of these (though both bops).

It's a much closer match, and I would assume from the ~2015/16 pop era or thereabouts.

12. Probably wrong but it reminded me of this

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  13. Okay this is a reach, but I remember a song from the early 2000's sang by a female and I think she was a one hit wonder (similar to the Ashanti type sound that was everywhere back then). I think it was around 2003.

All I can remember about it is some of the lyrics of the chorus are something like "Ring *missing lyrics* on the phone, ring, don't wanna be home alone".

I'd have a guess and say it's called Ring but I can't find anything about it, may have been a UK artist or American I'm not sure.

Leopold likes this.
    MusicLover1994 likes this.
  15. That's it!! Thanks.

Listening to it in 2022 it's actually not very good ddd but it was doing my head in not being able to find it!

Leopold and Yeahyeahyeah like this.
  16. So I have a song stuck in my head, expect all I have is a single lyric and it might not even be entirely correct. The lyric is "open your eyes and see it through." Please help.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  17. If it's a boyband, might be this

elektroxx and iheartpoptarts like this.
  18. Okay so there's no "through" but maybe?

P.S. I love LMNT!

elektroxx likes this.
  19. Unfortunately, it's neither of these. Thanks for trying though.

I realized that it was Friendly Fires' "Skeleton Boy" and I did mistake the lyric—it's "let's face this night and see it through," not "open your eyes and see it through."

iheartpoptarts and 2014 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.